S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is what Ive been working on lately..It is a 2000 pewter S10. Its 2ks10's truck on the forum, and the bags are this trucks first mod, the wheels are the second. Hes got a lot more parts at home to put on, so please no 'needs mirrors, needs rollpan' cuz he has all that. On to the specs..

- 3/8" SMC valves
- 1/2" line
- 12 gallon 8 port tank
- Two Viair 450c compressors
- 145 psi switch
- 10 switch CCE box
- Two dual needle guages in a-pillar
- AirRide Coolride cups
- Suicidedoors shock relocators
- Suicidedoors 8" notch
- Monoleafs dearched 4"
- 4" blocks
- 17x8" Boyd Timeless 5s
- 235/40-17 Kuhmo tires

Ive been getting a lot of comments on this bridge setup I made for this truck, I spent a lot of time in making it look nice, but it really wasnt that hard to make, but people swear it is something that I bought pre-fabbed. Every bend you see is welded and smoothed and filled, and the bars are spot-on color matched pewter (same type of paint I use on firewall mini-tubs) even tho it looks more silver in these pics. The notches are also ground and smoothed.

Heres just a shot of the front wheel, you can see the Suicidedoors shock relocators behind it.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Looks real nice. You do some great work Dave.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
cool.. that rear setup looks clean as hell.

whats next in your shop?

oh yea, didnt you say he's 4-linkin it soon?

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes hopefull he will be back for the 4-link, because I hate monoleafs and they ride like total shit heh..but its what he could afford.

Next in the shop, dunno. I have a lot of work lined up, so Ill have to see..

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
does mountin the shock relocator behind the brake instead of in front behind the control arm make a difference?

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
There isn't enough room to mount it in front of the control arm, not with the tie rods there, so thats why its behind.

BTW... great work Dave. I need to fly you out to AZ to work on my truck :D

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Looks great dude. I really like the bridge setup for it. Was it prefabbed (lol).

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Nice work Dave, but the truck looks way too familiar. :p

·
Red X = Pure Sex!
3,366 Posts
Nice, all the work I see you do looks great. Wish I lived near you so you could do my truck. I would have it done in a heartbeat. You got mad skills! :thumbup:

·
Banned
1,458 Posts
Looks clean ,nice work. Can you tell the difrence from these pics compared to some of the DO IT YOURSELFERS. Don't get me wrong Thats how I started out doing it myself, but with something as important as the suspension you should let a qualified shop do it and practice on the less important things on the vehicle.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
I think dave would qualify as a very well knowledged and professional installer.

I guess I don't understand if your saying he did a good job, or if he did a shitty job.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
alteredimage said:
Looks clean ,nice work. Can you tell the difrence from these pics compared to some of the DO IT YOURSELFERS. Don't get me wrong Thats how I started out doing it myself, but with something as important as the suspension you should let a qualified shop do it and practice on the less important things on the vehicle.
For anyone wondering, alteredimage is saying..

See these pics? This is good work. Compare it to DIY beginner work and you'll see a major difference. alteredimage, himself, started out doin his own work, but he highly recommends getting a professional to do your suspension work, as it's vital to your truck's long-term existance.

hahahahah.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I wish I lived in N.J. I'd have Dave work on my truck in a heartbeat.
BTW, Dave you think you might make house calls??
Really nice work though!

·
i <3 my truck
2,455 Posts
Dave has done awesome work...and yes i want to go with the 4-link..BUT a 4link instead of the girlfriends x-mas presents is a no-no...i just don't think she would understand. lol.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts