S-10 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 115 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
Looks really good man. I live in Teay's Valley by the way. I have an 87 as my project. You may have seen it driving back and forth to the parts store from time to time.... lol. Good luck with the restoration, I'd love yo see it when its done!
That's cool. Post a pic. What kinda parts you need? I have quite a few.:)

Some people's children I guess.

Nice job on saving that truck! It's good to see a dream come true, your uncle may have neglected it, but at least he didn't get rid of it!

Nice job on saving that truck! It's good to see a dream come true, your uncle may have neglected it, but at least he didn't get rid of it!
Absolutely...that's what I was thinking when I read your post about him letting you have it. If you'd waited at all to get a hold of him, I wonder if he'd been planning to send it to a junkyard or something, thinking you weren't going to be interested in it any longer.

Has your uncle had a chance to see it since you've been working on it?

Discussion starter · #66 ·
Thanks guys. I did show my Mamaw and she loves the progress. Still working on my brakes. The right rear is not getting fluid for some reason.

Discussion starter · #67 ·
Been on vacation this week and thought I would take out the old truck for a spot of gas. Runs like a top.:D Doesn't stop as well as I would like.:rolleyes: Brakes need bled. Here's a pic at the gas station taken with my phone. This is the first time in over tens years this truck has been out on the road under it's own power.

Discussion starter · #69 ·
Still going on with the project. Last time I drove it the seal blew out of the proportional valve on the ABS. Yeah dealer item or LMC. Right now the little fellow has about a half inch of snow on it. Merry Christmas everyone.

Discussion starter · #71 ·
Lookin at my old pics on here I miss my dog. He passed this year. He was always around when I was working on the truck. RIP Rosco.

sorry to hear that man, i just had to have my cat put down a few weeks back. ive had her since i was in first grade, that makes her right around 15 or 16. its hard to lose a best friend isnt it.

Discussion starter · #73 ·
sorry to hear that man, i just had to have my cat put down a few weeks back. ive had her since i was in first grade, that makes her right around 15 or 16. its hard to lose a best friend isnt it.
Thanks man. Sorry about your loss too buddy.

I like that grill better, hard to believe how much better it looks with the rallys on it. Coming along nicely.

61 - 80 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.