S-10 Forum banner
721 - 740 of 757 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #725 ·
Looking at getting my wheels rehooped in the rear for a bigger lip and narrowing my rear end. The sizes I can get are 20x8.5 with a minimum of 3.375 back spacing or a 20x10 with a minimum of 3.375 to a maximum of 8.something. I'm building a stepside bed so clearance will be close. So I'm thinking of doing the 8.5 hoop with the 3.375. My question is how much lip will that give me and how much will I need to narrow?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
By only narrowing the rear end and going with a low backspace on a 8.5 does that keep you from haveing to narrow the frame too? Seem like it would but confused. I know that a 10" wide is a close fit on stock width rails and a fleetside bed but if you raising the step sides flairs and the 10s will fit I would go with the 10s. Love the look of the wide wheels from the back.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #729 ·
Yea it would give me the most lip without narrowing the notch and clearing the stepside bed. I need to measure to see how far I can go in on the axle and wheels

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #730 ·
Sold my old bed to Aaron for the hellhound shop truck build. And started my new one to other day.

How I got it

Cut the old floor out

Cut down a new fleetside pan for it

Got it welded In

Half ass test fitted it

These tires are 2" taller then the ones I'm gonna run so they should fit fine. I'm also narrowing the rear end. These are 245/40r20

Got it framed out and tubs tacked in

Also made a tag bracket and had it powder coated

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Good deal. I love the old school billets. Purple plate holder looks dope, good work.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #735 ·
Thanks dudes. I'll probably keep it solid white but I will do the purple liner again. Got some more done. Got my tailgate sheetmetaled and shaved and opening and closing right.

721 - 740 of 757 Posts