S-10 Forum banner
701 - 720 of 757 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Man that front bumper looks great!! I love the graphics and the old school billets. Awesome build.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #703 ·

well did what I thought was a one or 2 day job but has turned into 5 lol. Sunk my shocks in the frame renotched for my 20s in the front and painted my uppers lowers and shocks. Also moving my inner fenders up more to clear. More pics tomorrow

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #706 ·
Well got my socks sunk in and tie rods renotched but my shocks limited my lift so much I had to take them off. So idk what im gonna do about that right now but hers some pics

URL=http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/andrewbroughts/media/Snapchat--1899110116350711951_zpszxhxdn2o.jpg.html]
[/URL]

·
Slumerican Shitizen
306 Posts
do your arms squeak? mine make hella noise and drives me nuts. poly bushings suck

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #712 ·
Also I'm having an issue with my driveshaft. Here's what happened I had a double Cardon joint shaft. I swapped it to a regular driveshaft from another ext cab s10. Before I installed the new shaft I replaced all the u joints and the carrier bearing. Now I get a grinding noise when I let off the gas and it's coasting. I'm lost on what it could be. It sounds like it's coming from under the cab and gets louder the lower I ride.

·
Deadlines are Overrated
3,025 Posts
is the pinion angle correct for the non cardon joint shaft? just cause the pinion angle was correct for the cardon, it might not be correct for the regular driveshaft. or....the cardon was masking a pinion problem from the start.

those are the only things it could be.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #715 ·
is the pinion angle correct for the non cardon joint shaft? just cause the pinion angle was correct for the cardon, it might not be correct for the regular driveshaft. or....the cardon was masking a pinion problem from the start.

those are the only things it could be.
I can measure it tomorrow I have the gauge. Where are the correct places to measure at?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Measure the pinion angle off the part of the axle the drive shaft bolts to. Cant remember what its called.

I had a 01 ext cab and when i bagged it my carrier bearing made noise only when driving low. I put some 3/4" spacers under it and it solved the problem. I had a small vibration when taking off from a stop and it fixed it too. Cheap enough to give it a try.

I have 90 hardbody shocks on sd arms with drop spindles and i lay out on 20s no problem and didnt loose any lift. Another option on shocks is mazda b2200 ones. I got a set laying around that i didnt use, ill get you the measurements if needed.

701 - 720 of 757 Posts