S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
92 305 so-blaze-10 xtreme
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i've been on the forum for a little while now, and i have this lillte project i started about two months ago. i have a beat up 92 sonoma, with a 4.3. I made up my mind to put a 305 TPI in it, and from there, my pockets have just about run dry. i've got a few pics of my progress so far, but it's not a whole lot.... the truck still needs alot of work to be finished, but it's about a week from being driveable. (pics in next post)

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure yet, i don't really think that far ahead, but it'll prolly be a d/d for a little while till i can find me a little car like a saturn or something, then i can really take off with it. i already know i'm gonna put a 96 nv35 or a t56 in it, but i want to build a 327 or 350 and swap the tpi onto it. plus it's gonna go DOWN. i liked the old lowering kit it had on it when i bought it, but to chop some off the price, my buddy and i swapped lowering kits... that's stock '03 xtreme you're looking at. i swapped that for a 6/5 kit and i got the Xtreme...

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, 235/60/15 they're good looking wheels when they're clean, the tires are nice and wide(relatively), but the 4.3 would burn the rubber slap off if i tried

·
355 member
13,485 Posts
I say leave it just like it is except with a 427 or something just downright nasty

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the little b|tch will sh|t n git and top out at 127 by tach @4500(laying on the rev limiter) with the shift up light flashing lol

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Get some more pics up, looks like a good start to a project, lets see that effd up driver's side lol. You should paint the firewall, the red doesn't look right.

·
Registered
28 Posts
IMO i would clean up the wiring a little bit by puttin some loom on it or somethin.. NO offense but when i first looked at the pictures i thought it looked kinda like a rats nest

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wiring is not complete, few odds and ends, but for the most part, is done. knock sensor wiring, maf, and control wires. i'll probably finish it next week. oh yeah, i punched a hole in the heater box today putting the motor in myself, anyone got a (quick) fix for that?

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ecm is a 1227165 from a 88 tpi trans am 5 speed. harness is from a late 80's tpi vette. 24 pin connector is pretty much plug in and go from my truck. 32 pin connector needs to be rewired some (most of which is done, but still the biggest part of the swap left to do). all i have left now, is to slide the motor forward temporarily, finish the 12 wires or so, wire up my computer controlled fan:clap:, then put a battery in it, figure out the coolant hoses, crank the bitch up, drive to the exhaust shop, then put the bed back on. done

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
today is a no-go...

and that was this mornign. the snow quit and the sleet began. plus they say our low tonight is gonna be 11 (with a 30%chance of snow). that's not SC weather...

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
today's progress:
(mostly organizing stuff)
organized alot... (maybe now it won't look like as much of a rat's nest)

thinking about mounting the relays and esc module under the ecm

knock sensor and starter wired & loomed

MAF sensor, CTS, IAC, TPS, IAT sensor wiring somewhat loomed

fuse block & inside-outside wire harness almost done (still 2 ignition [+] wires to run. one is for ecm, one is for something else, i forget...)

tomorrow i have to tackle this monster-
Fuel pump and mass air flow relays

oh yeah, anyone know the best place to buy wire loom? i probably need alot of it.

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
all wiring is done except for tach, msd box, and fan control relay, the tach will be wired up after it is running, but the msd and FCR will be wired to the battery... still purdying up the harness a little, but all engine parts are installed, (except driveshaft and motor, lol) and oil will go in tomorow, hoping for initial startup tomorrow.

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
harness is cleaned up and routed, will install 1 hole clips tomorrow

firewall pic

rear of harness

driver's side harness(back to fuse block)

engine side (drivers' side)

the two wires running to where the battery goes are the fan relay power wires... one is for the battery, one is for the fan :tup:

like i said, hoping to crank the bitch tomorrow after the wire loom party

1 - 20 of 86 Posts