S-10 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 782 Posts

·
BUT I WONT PUT IT HERE
8,150 Posts
lossen the castle nuts, dont take them off. hit right by the balljoint with like a 3lb sledge a couple good times, and it should pop loose. then take the castle nuts all the way off and put the new spindle on.
yeah you also might wanna throw some paint on the new spindles they rust up pretty fast lol. but yeah keep hitting the old one untill it comes off, it will eventually i swear!

·
Oasis Customs
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
yea looks like i will need to go pick up a 3lb hammer. i figured that my ballpeen would do it, but ill take your word for it.

i do plan on cleaning the ones i have up and painting them, so i guess this snow will give me time to do that, as well as clean up my bolt in notches.

after i put in the spindles i do plan on removing the inners.

klutchman i do plan on putting on that new one. ill do that segment in a how to format if youd like, its really not all that hard.

·
BUT I WONT PUT IT HERE
8,150 Posts
ehh a normal hammer works fine you just have to hit it alittle more and harder lol.

·
Truck #121616
2,860 Posts
ha yea, i remember doing spindles on my truck. that was fun. took 2 hours.

*BANG* *BANG* then the spindle came loose and snapped open really hardcore hahaa! good thing i had the castle nuts on still hahaa

if you cant get it off hitting it one way, change your angle. you dont want to warp the holes from repeated hammering.

·
Oasis Customs
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
should be a fun experience.

im debating on what i should do for the rear setup eventualy,
althou i have finaly decided on eventualy doing a full notch and bag the rear, ive got that full bagged itch. althou i would like to do a behind and under kit with sleeve bags.

but then again bagging the rear will be a while before i can afford it.

·
Oasis Customs
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
not really sure i got lucky and found it on here.
um dealer ships and ebay and here are about the best that i can think of. s10warehouse on ebay may have one, you can probly talk to him.
airbags i think generaly may cost 100 bucks i may be wrong.

edit-

·
Oasis Customs
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·

·
rox
9,360 Posts
ball peen should be fine to get the spindles off, just make sure you hit the spindle only. DO NOT HIT THE BALL JOINT DIRECTLY. It should only take 20 minutes tops to get the spindles off, and that includes undoing all the nuts on the tierods and ball joints.

·
Oasis Customs
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
like where on the spindle would you recomend hitting, im a bit confused.

i figure its better to ask untill you are clear of what you are doing then to guess and mess up.

·
Oasis Customs
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
bad news guys, its snowing and i cant get to work.
other bad news is my drivers side fill valve is leaking and filling the bag on its own, i switched out the diaphram the other day with the dump and its doing it again. now when i switched the diaphram it was kinda wet. i havent emptied my tank in a while, could that be causing my problem? if it was wouldnt it cause the pass side full to also do this?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Did you leave the 2nd leaf in the spring pack that we put in when we unbagged it and just swapped to a 4 inch block verses the 3 inch? Or did you put it back to mono leaf with a 4 inch block? And swapping spindles is pretty easy and straight forward, you'll see once you get in there.

·
Oasis Customs
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
i had taken that 2nd leaf out and dropped in air shocks last fall and it sucked, so i got 4" drop blocks and stuck back in that 2nd leaf when i put in that 4" blocks.

41 - 60 of 782 Posts