S-10 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 782 Posts

·
Oasis Customs
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
im tired of this freakin cold, im a pansy and dont wanna freeze my ass off, last time i worked on my truck in the cold i was in the mood to do nothing else but work on my truck cold or not, and hope i can make that happen again.

·
Oasis Customs
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
well i finaly got rid of the stupid 1/2" setup that i had going on there. which means.................

thats right i finaly got around to doing some more damn work on this thing.

i got rid of this...

for this....

and this....

and one of these....

and next week i plan to install this next week....

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o309/NevurMind85/P7270045.jpg

·
Oasis Customs
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
wow. some of those came out fuzzy as hell.

and yes it is still a stupid mess in the truckbed. but fortunatly its just a mess and not hacked. granted this took forever to do. but i did save myself a ton of time by pretaping all the fittings last week.

edit, i do plan on cleaning up mysetup in the bed when my new switchbox gets here.

·
Oasis Customs
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
well i got the drop blocks on and froze my ass off while doing it, hell i got done at 430 and im still frozen. ill have pics up after i get off work tonight at midnight. truck looks much better.

·
Oasis Customs
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
is my guage for the bags. i figured id be a great place for it since i have my tank guage in the 4x4 deleat pannle. kinda evens out the look of the guages.

·
Oasis Customs
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
well i started out today with this pile of parts.

which turned into this...

fallowed by removing these shitty as gabriel airshocks...

(oh look a penny i just knoticed that :haha: )

followed by reasembly of the new parts....

this is the only after pic i got bc i apparently didnt get one after i pulled it out of the garage.

but i plan to get some more after pics tomorrow expecialy if we dont get our 6 to 12" of snow like they say we are supposed to get by noon.

kinda sucks bc i was wanting to get to putting in my dropspindles tomorrow. oh well i guess ill wait.

·
Oasis Customs
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
i may hit one of you too (brian or nick) next week to see if either of you wanna help put in my drop spindles.

and heres a pic of what it may look it may look like eventualy it not soon.

·
Oasis Customs
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
eh i figured but i am kinda lazy.

i was told earlier by my gf after her looking thru all the pics of the timeline of my truck and said that my truck has come along way and that i ahve put alot of work into it, and i said thanks and that im proud but i also was thinking its not even close to anything ive seen out alot of trucks.

·
KentuckyMinis.com
4,199 Posts
just keep doing it right the first time, dont get lazy and throw shit together. Further more do research or else you will end up like me on my 3rd attempt at my air suspension. Costing me 3 times as much, granted I did cop out and go all out but regardless.

I would roll that 2 tone anyday.

·
Oasis Customs
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
thats my plan, i dont really wanna rush woking on it or ill end up with something broken or hacked, doing what i did today took about 4 hours just bc of what i had to undo and redo. took my time, kept my calm and thought my moves throu. i tell ya what having the right tools as well as an air comp and airtools helps tons, (was really the first time ive used airtools on my truck the rest of the time has been hand tools).

tomorrow night is my last night at work so next week when i get a chance to put on the spindles i should have plenty time. got any tips on changeing them, ive reaserched but i could use tips to help make it any easier.

·
NO REGRETS
12,378 Posts
lossen the castle nuts, dont take them off. hit right by the balljoint with like a 3lb sledge a couple good times, and it should pop loose. then take the castle nuts all the way off and put the new spindle on.

21 - 40 of 782 Posts