S-10 Forum banner

501 - 520 of 1558 Posts

·
Longbeds FTMFW
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #502
ordered:

Cali combo and gas door shaver (thanks again Dustin)
trailer fenders
a gallon of Herculiner.
2" DOM
a sheet of 4x8 18ga
1" sq tube
new lower bed side corners (under the tailights)

I shall begin to DW this bed over the weekend

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts

·
Longbeds FTMFW
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #505
still going with blazer rear bumper w/ cali combo? that white truck you posted pics of is one of my favorite clean and simple s10, wish i could of bought it when he posted it for sale on here it was a killer deal imo
I didn't know he had it for sale. I love that truck.

I am def. doing the cali combo- but I really think I am going to stick with the stock step bumper. There's just something about it..

·
Longbeds FTMFW
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #507
got any pics of a 1st gen with combo and stock step bumper? i love me some 1st gens, i cant decide if i wanna build another sfbd 1st gen reg cab short bed or newer crew cab 4 foot bed once i get my 99 out of the garage!!
No I dont- I will went I get mine together though ;)

·
Longbeds FTMFW
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #509
any updates on the bed?
Surprisingly... YES!

My girl got the inner bed all cut out. I got my bed mounts made up. Some parts have started to show up.

I did some quick measurements that are most likely completely inaccurate... it looks like my tires will be all the way up to the bedrail when the truck is layed out. It also looks like I will need to flare the bedsides (which I have no idea how to do). Track with on my rear is right about 64", but if i take my measurement inside the bedsides, up at the bed rail, I am getting about 62.75"

Got my welder sorted out. It was an amperage issue. I stepped up to a 12/3 15a cord, and it works 100% better now. I am no pro welder, but it burns a lot hotter now for sure. I scored a new bottle for my welder- its a 135 cuft I believe. The welding house I use had been stuck with the bottle for 6 months.. sold that bottle (filled), a new regulator, and filled my tiny bottle up for $200. I need to take a pic of the cert. date on the bottle... its 11, then has double stars and something else. I am curious how long the cert is good for.

This weekend coming up I will Z the rear frame to drop the bumper down. That way I can at least test fit the bed, and come up with a game plan on how the hell to do this.

·
Longbeds FTMFW
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #510
and we went to a burlesque show Saturday night... it was effin' cool. I sent Gimp a pic of the chick that came out in a balloon suit- she slowly popped all the balloons. But Gimp said the pic wasnt clear enough, so I shall not post it here.. lol

Here is the chick cleaning up balloon girl's glitter

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
for flairing the bed, would this work? cut a vertical line in the center of the wheel opening going to the top. then at the top of that cut, cut a horizontal line and then pull out on the panel until it clears wheel and fill in the gaps? i did that to my bosses drag car (Honda Insight) lol when he went with bigger slicks and they hit the fiberglass front end. ill see if i can find pics of it before paint if it would help?

·
Longbeds FTMFW
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #512
Hell yeah.. I am open to all ideas lol.

I need to get the bed on and see exactly where the wheels sit.

·
Longbeds FTMFW
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #515
got the 4 link adjustable ends from SD to fix my link:

Also, got my bumper brackets Z'd this weekend. Now I can test fit the bed. I have a feeling Iw ill have to flare it.... we will see:

·
Longbeds FTMFW
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #520
looks sick with the rear bumper on the ground!!
the bumper scared the hell out of me! I z'd the brackets to match my BD (3.5").. kinda makes sense. Then I put it on the truck and was scratching my head, wondering if it was right. LOL.. I will find out.

If it is wrong, I will just toss it run the smooth backend- no bumper.

501 - 520 of 1558 Posts