S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Pneumatic
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I think its time I can start a Real project thread. IDK if most and/or any of you know my truck BUT! For a while their it just sat not moving for a good year or so :(, well I ended up figuring out why it wouldn't start FUEL PUMP GROUND. As easy as that seems we tried all the hard things first haha, but one day I was browsing the forum looking for what could be the problem and come across people saying they had the same problem and it was the fuel pump ground. SO as I proceeded to check my ground wire it was not connected to the frame, well after a snip, strip, and crimp it was back on and the truck then fired right up like it used too. That was a very good day, besides the fact that the truck was not yet up to par with looks, It had no grille, bumper or matching paint. To save you a few hours of reading the truck was red, then rattle can prime black:(, Now its half red/pink. That bring you up to the point that the truck is at now. BTW its pink in a good way, It's not a pink paint job but the fact that all the shitty black spray can prime is coming off. Enough with the talk and on with the color it will be, I am hoping to paint it gun metal like the dodge rams are.
I will get pics tomorrow when I'm out in the garage working on it.
Also after all the body work and paint its going to be lifted, I'm not quite sure on what I'm gonna do lift wise, still currently tossing ideas around.
Then say like over winter it will prolly get a heart transplant, Yes I mean and engine swap, and it's not gonna be your everyday s10 engine swap. IT'S going to be some kind of diesel, looking more into that as time will come. As for right now it might be a cummins 3.9, unless i come across a good deal on something else.

·
Pneumatic
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have some pics but i cant remember my photobucket username haha. when i figure it out ill get some pics up. I feel stupid hahaha, who forgets their username for real?

·
Pneumatic
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the good words guys, really appreciate it. Im out now to go back to sanding, hoping to have cab and fenders in primer over weekend. then the bed will be sanded then primed. BTW if i just had to sand and prime it would be done faster, BUT i need to fix some dings and dents. Will get you guys pics tonight.

·
Pneumatic
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok well i got more progress for you guys. TODAY: ME: Finished sanding the roof, removed the windshield, sanded drivers side fender, sanded hood and circled the dents and bumps, got half of the passenger side jam done. DAD: did some body work on passenger side door=did w/e he had to do to remove the big dent then laid some body filler down, laid body filler on drivers side cab corner. Tomorrow: Finish passenger side jam, sand where the windshield wipers are, finish smoothing out scratches from hood, sand and circle dings in passenger side fender, start sanding the bed down and circle dents and bumps. Next couple of days will be finishing up w/e needs to be sanded and prep. everything for primer for the weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts