S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 437 Posts

·
**** YOU
18,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my ls swap is slowing underway finally. I Kept the 408 from the LUV. Ive had it stored in the spare bedroom closet to keep it out of the way. Got it sat in the truck with CPW motor mount kit. Ill be running a 4l80. Thinking about turboing it. I know itll run decent on motor, but it wont be enough. I wanted more from the luv so i know ill want more from this too. My dad recently turbo'd his nova and is having fun with it and it really makes me want a turbo too. I havent seen many turbo setups that are still running ac. So id like to do that. No ac is 100% not an option. Looking around at it, it looks like i can snake a 4" pipe under the ac compressor and above the control arm and still have room for a log manifold to fit. It will be tight, but itll go i think. My next items up to buy are a trans and a ls2/3 pan so i can get the motor all mounted. All the specifics of the turbo setup are really undecided, but probably a borgwarner 76mm, id1000's, all custom exhaust and intercooler piping obviously.

Heres a few pics of the truck. Was my back n forth work truck up till last month.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
So what is the back suspension consist of on this one? I see you added sliders, and caltracs, but is it sitting so low from the sliders being moved into the frame? Did you do that I guess? What did you do about it moving the leafs out? Did you add the wheels or buy it like that?

Love the truck, glad to see your moving on to a S platform. I did love your Luv though.
I'll see if I can post up some of the pics of the turbo piping I have later.

·
**** YOU
18,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what is the back suspension consist of on this one? I see you added sliders, and caltracs, but is it sitting so low from the sliders being moved into the frame? Did you do that I guess? What did you do about it moving the leafs out? Did you add the wheels or buy it like that?

Love the truck, glad to see your moving on to a S platform. I did love your Luv though.
I'll see if I can post up some of the pics of the turbo piping I have later.

3" bell tech leafs, 1.25" drop block, 3/8" setback plate. Raised front leaf mount 1.5", and shoved slider up into frame. i added a sway bar, and it's still running stock rear shocks. My wife(girlfriend at the time) bought the truck wrecked through a friend. My dad and I fixed it back up and she drove it for a while. Then we got her a new car and kept the s10 as a back up vehicle and I knew I'd want to **** with it eventually. It was completely stock. Bedsides are pulled 2", stock wheel tubs still. And yes please post up any turbo pics u have with stock Ac box still in place. There's a guy I follow on Instagram with a turbo'd s10 on 3" bell tech leafs, 2" block, and cal tracs. It's a monster and has no traction issues at the track so I'm comfortable with my rear setup, minus shocks. I plan on getting some nice rear shocks, do a bigger notch, and wheel tubs. Cut out the center of bed floor too cause I can't get a 4" pipe over the rear end. The factory 2.2 tailpipe raised 1" came into contact with the rear end way too often.

How much tire you got back there? Those are some nice beads too.
15x10 4.5" BS 325/50

·
Local Tech
5,407 Posts
there was a guy on here with a front mount and a/c... im gonna try to find it

Edit: Search button has defeated me lol. He hasnt been on here in a while... His name was extreme something (im sure thats super helpful) Front mount turbo lsx with high mount a/c. Nice build, keep up the good work!

·
**** YOU
18,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there was a guy on here with a front mount and a/c... im gonna try to find it

Edit: Search button has defeated me lol. He hasnt been on here in a while... His name was extreme something (im sure thats super helpful) Front mount turbo lsx with high mount a/c. Nice build, keep up the good work!
I'll search some more. I looked a while back and didn't find much. I found a few pics but they were nothing much to look at pic wise. Just like reading builds to see if they had problems anywhere.

Could that be doable with the rear springs in the stock location? Or did they need to be brought in?
Matt
If you notice, the springs are still under the frame rails like they are from the factory. So no they haven't been moved in, and if they were, I would still have problems with the frame rails unless I brought them in too.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
So how did you pull the bedsides? Did you pop the factory spot welds, and just pull it out, and weld in a 2" strip? I know of 1 member on here who did that, but I think his was 1.75".

You stance on that truck, is KILLING me! Your making me rethink some suspension mods, and following your lead, well, everything except the Belltech leafs.

Can you post up a few other pics of how you did the sliders please?

·
**** YOU
18,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!! SO HAPPY! been wanting you to do this forevzzzzzzzzzz!

Cant wait to see more progress. bitchin!
Ive been waiting forever too lol.

So how did you pull the bedsides? Did you pop the factory spot welds, and just pull it out, and weld in a 2" strip? I know of 1 member on here who did that, but I think his was 1.75".

You stance on that truck, is KILLING me! Your making me rethink some suspension mods, and following your lead, well, everything except the Belltech leafs.

Can you post up a few other pics of how you did the sliders please?
I pulled the besides 2". I followed this guys lead.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bp95_ek9_dc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Im ok with the belltech leafs after seeing one work good on them.

1 - 20 of 437 Posts
About this Discussion
436 Replies
57 Participants
Wicked Mayhem
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing