S-10 Forum banner

681 - 689 of 689 Posts

·
Old Fart
3,100 Posts
How much is a trip to the ER?

That reminds me. You need to go to the VA and get a card with their number on it. If you have to go to the ER, if you call within 72 hours, the VA pays for it.
My insurance pays all but $50 copay. thanks for the tip I've been waiting for a month for the VA to approve my veteran's ID card, they are so efficient! 🤣

·
Administrator
22,304 Posts
My insurance pays all but $50 copay. thanks for the tip I've been waiting for a month for the VA to approve my veteran's ID card, they are so efficient! 🤣
Health card or ID card? Apparently, come January, the ID card will get us on base and access to the commissary and PX.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #689
In reference to post #44

Hindsight being 2020, I may have gotten a little too aggressive with the accumulator valve spring. Should have gone with the Trans-Go recommended setup. The shifts were to "abrupt" for my liking. So this weekends task was to re-spring the accumulator valve. My plan was to drop the pan, pull the roll pin, pull the end plug, slide the extra spring in and reassemble. That was the plan...

I ended up not being able to pull the roll pin with the VB in place, so I had to pull the VB it and do it on the bench:

What should have been a 2 hour easy ordeal turned into a six hour fiasko. Six hours you say? Yes, six hours... when you neglect to hook up the manual valve. Do it all over again to get that manual valve hooked up. Anything worth doing is worth doing twice I say! Anyhow, I got it all put back together (thank you green goo for holding the check ball in place!) and took it for a test drive. Shifts are much better. Still very firm but it doesn't bang 2nd gear on light acceleration. Should be much more streetable.

Next step, get that Circle D in there.!

681 - 689 of 689 Posts