S-10 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 322 Posts

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
looks great...I love the curving of the door ...something different ...question...

on the kitty hair than bondo ...what grit do you sand with first before using the kitty hair ...and how low do you go with the kitty hair until using filler over it ?? ...

·
Mcfly Minis inc
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Myst said:
looks great...I love the curving of the door ...something different ...question...

on the kitty hair than bondo ...what grit do you sand with first before using the kitty hair ...and how low do you go with the kitty hair until using filler over it ?? ...
80 grit sandpaper before the tiger hair. I only realy use it to build up an area, and it seals the metal. I use the bondo on top for the final tweeking.

·
Mcfly Minis inc
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
I leveled and bolted the frame to the shop foor, and soon after cut the back half of the frame off. I bolted up the trany and motor, along with drive shafts and cross memebers. I should be able to buy the metel needed on monday. Here's the pics.

·
goin over the falls
1,289 Posts
i didnt know you are going to back half the frame on this. Lookin good so far

·
Mcfly Minis inc
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Alright guys I need some help with a few things.

1st) since I have had my truck torn apart for about a year now, I don't have the correct measurement of where my rearend should be. Can anyone give me the distance from the back of the front cab mount to the center of the rearend on both the driver and passenger side?

2nd) How tall do I need to make my notch for a 20" rim with 285/30/20 tires?

Thanks guys!

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
i thought the rear end was like 108.5 ...I could be wrong but I remember that number sticking in my head

·
Mcfly Minis inc
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Update. I got the frame almost done. It was interesting, lots and lots of measurements. The notch is way huge...I like the look of it, and it gives me that ability to go to a 20/22 combo later. The fuel cell will be in the back. I need to sit down and design the canti setup now.
tacking it up.

What happens when a grinding disk explodes.

Welding it up.

The welds.

long day.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
truck looks great so far and good job on making the hinges yourself, i looked on ebay for the instructions but didnt see any offered.

·
Mcfly Minis inc
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
5.74x4 said:
truck looks great so far and good job on making the hinges yourself, i looked on ebay for the instructions but didnt see any offered.
Thanks for the comments.

I bought the hinge plans from a seller named stock2shock off ebay for $5, But I can't find his listings anymore. I still have the plans however I don't think I can give any copies away due to legal issues.

I found these plans for $10 However, I don't have any expierience with these plans.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-Hidden-Door-Hinge-hinges-Plans-Std-or-Suicide_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ10076QQihZ016QQitemZ260005662033QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Mcfly Minis inc
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Draggin97 said:
looking good, and wow that notch is big!!!
'

Thanks man. Yeah the notch it huge, I like it.

I am going to cut my old frame up into 3' pieces and take it in for short steel scrap over the weekend. Maybe I can get enough cash to buy the metal I need for the canti setup.

·
Mcfly Minis inc
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Onelownismo said:
Damn man looking good. Really inspiring. I want to get working on mine so bad now.
Thanks, Yeah I'm sick of seeing mime torn apart. It's been about 10 months since it's been together. It wouldn't be too bad, but I keep on adding things to my list of things to do.:haha:

101 - 120 of 322 Posts