S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 322 Posts

·
Mcfly Minis inc
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pulled the cab into the shop over the weekend. I started smoothing out the firewall. I had already filled all the holes. But they needed some cleaning up. Seems wierd doing bodywork on a fire wall....but I think the end result will be worth it. I'll try to snap some pics.

·
Mcfly Minis inc
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
orangesonoma said:
why such a large tub for the front wheels?

oh and are you going to fill in the holes where your wipers go and where the holes are in the cowl?
I got a little carried away with the plasma on the fenders, but I plan on plating them with sheetmetel anyhow to clean it up. I'm still debating trailer fenders too. I went large so I wouldn't have to do it again if I ever went to 20's in the front.

I already shaved the wiper motor hole. And yeah I'll probaly shave the vents and holes in the cowl, cause' I sure as hell ain't gonna need em' anymore.

·
SOLD!
3,967 Posts
saw a picture of your fender the other day in a different thread... project has alot of potential man, keep it up!

:tup:

·
Mcfly Minis inc
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
update:

I am almost finished smoothing out the fire wall. I'll get some Argon this weekend and weld up the drip rails, and 3rd brake light. Hopefully I can get most of the body work on the cab wrapped up this weekend and get it primed.

Here are some pics, sorry they look like crap I used my phone.

What wiper motor hole?!?

...not to sure whats going on with the red mist...

Almost like it came from GM without heat.

I'll try to get some better ones with the digi.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
looks sick man Ilike the wheels Is that a crate motor or did you have it built?

·
Mcfly Minis inc
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
xdraggerx said:
looks sick man Ilike the wheels Is that a crate motor or did you have it built?
It was a crate motor that was run for a very little time, and I just had to clean it up. I may build it in the future, but it is simply out of my budget to build it now......what am I talking about....this whole project is out of my budget:rant:

·
body droppin'
1,546 Posts
looks great, I like where your putting the antena

·
Mcfly Minis inc
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I found some blue prints for suicide door hinges from ebay for $5, they were sold by stock2shock. I am going to purchase all the metel that I will need on friday. Hopefully I can get most of the machine work done fridaynight at my brothers machine shop. I hope to construct at least a set fridaynight so I can start the suicide mission this weekend. Has anyone use these blue prints before? The prints look very good, and the directions are very spelled out. Total cost for materials should be about $50, and machine work would probaly be about $80 if you had to pay for it....thankfully I don't. But this seems like a decent alternative to paying $400 for a set of suicide hinges from sd.com. I still am going to have to buy the bear jaw latches(44.95), and doorlatch/strike intall kit(49.99) from sd.com. I'll take some good picture of the whole hinge constuction process.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
antenea looks good, bodywork sucks. I do mine in my driveway, Feels so whitetrash. LOL

1,284 Posts
wow lookin great man. keep it up and have fun with all the body work

·
Mcfly Minis inc
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ah! I'm so pissed. My digital is a piece of shit, and I lost the photos I took tonight.
Anyhow, I started preping the driver side for the suicide door install. I removed the bearclaw, and handle from the door. Also the seatbelt mount and stiking bolt from the cab were removed.
I tacked a handle filler panel from sd.com into the driver door. Like always...quality parts....the plate fit perfect, no timming.
....and then covered it with some tiger hair.

So because, I heart pictures, and I'm sure you do too. Here are some old before pictures of my truck to sooth your fix.

1 - 20 of 322 Posts