S-10 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 173 Posts

·
you gonna leauurn today
2,313 Posts
i like the center console. if i can add my .02, mount the in-dash inside the console instead of on the outside and put the 5" over the tranny hump. but agian just my .02

·
GMC so-low-ma
274 Posts
you should make a piece to lift the amps up a bit off the box then you can dril holes right off the amp to run the wires under and clean the wiring up a bit.

edit: if i didnt explain right, basically make another fullsize piece just like the piece the amps are on now, but put like 1 inch legs on it and mount it so there is a gap so you can run wires under the amps all hidden down to the back of the center consol then you can run then how ever you got them......... im sure you know what i mean but i was just makin sure i explained it right

·
I can one hand clap.
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
you should make a piece to lift the amps up a bit off the box then you can dril holes right off the amp to run the wires under and clean the wiring up a bit.

edit: if i didnt explain right, basically make another fullsize piece just like the piece the amps are on now, but put like 1 inch legs on it and mount it so there is a gap so you can run wires under the amps all hidden down to the back of the center consol then you can run then how ever you got them......... im sure you know what i mean but i was just makin sure i explained it right
Yea i understand what you mean by that. I need to get a new amp though cause the one i have to power the subs fried :( but i cut the carpet and ran the wires through that. Thanks

·
GMC so-low-ma
274 Posts
ah gotcha. well it looks good, keep on keepin on i like the center console, did i see 6X9 holes on the side of the center console?

·
I can one hand clap.
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
ah gotcha. well it looks good, keep on keepin on i like the center console, did i see 6X9 holes on the side of the center console?
I dont think so? haha the only thing that was on the side of it was my ps2 but i made a sliding thing so it slides out from under my seat.

Also got new. well almost new Chevy ss mirrors will post pics tommorow.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Nice start, two suggestions, un-carpet the glove box door, that looks blah, and on the hood, do it all blue, it will look a lot better..i love the blue on top of the black, good choice!

or do the complete dash minus the bezel around the guage cluster and radio..... and possible paint that to match the blue.... but absoulutly paint the hood completely blue. imo. i also love the blue over black.

·
GOT AIR?
291 Posts
Blue and black looks real good, but defiantly get rid of that carpet on your dash

21 - 40 of 173 Posts
About this Discussion
172 Replies
46 Participants
Camron15
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing