S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 6107 Posts

·
Baby > Home > S10
9,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after years and years of drooling over bagged trucks it has finally become my turn. I have researched and researched and researched and I am now confident that I can turn out a sick bagged truck now. Tentative start date for the actual work is in 1 week from now: June 12th (Tuesday). I have a car show this weekend down in Ocean city MD, then the gfs birthday is Monday leaving me with Tuesday to start this. I am also starting my first full time “real” job on Monday the 11th, so I need to balance time working on the truck with also getting plenty of sleep because I don’t want to be slacking my first couple of months at the new job(Electrical Engineer at Henry Adams Consulting Engineering in Towson MD for anyone who cares). This is another reason why I figurd id start the thread now….get all the questions and comments over with now while I have the time. Im looking for any comments, suggestions, concerns whatever. Keep in mind this is the first truck I will have ever bagged, and I haven’t done anything close to this amount of work before, so im going to be pretty slow and cautious with everything. No real Date for when I want this all done….but it would be nice to have it done in the very beginning of August to take it to the Carlisle All truck Nationals show, but im not going to rush it in order to make a deadline. If its done then cool, if not oh well. Im doing it right the first time, no rework for me. I will be posting tons of pictures, so don’t worry about that haha. Ok sorry if im boring you on with the list:

Frame Stuff
www.summitracing.com
Mr. Gasket Chrome Differential Cover

To paint the rear half of frame:
http://www.por15.com
POR Strip 1 Quart
POR Solvent 1 Quart
6-1” Paint Brushes
6-2” Paint Brushes
5-Paint Spouts
Metal Ready 1 Quart
Marine Clean 1 Quart
POR 15 Semigloss 2 Quarts

http://www.myspace.com/brianblocks
4 Brian Blocks with angle iron mounting

Air Management
Oasis HP3000 Compressor
1/2” air line
1/8” line for gauges
1/2” SMC Water Trap
5 Check Valves (1 for compressor, 4 for each bag)
4 Dump controls
8 3/8” SMC valves
200 PSI square D Pressure Switch
2 5 gallon 8 port tanks
AVS Billet 9 rocker switchbox
9 wire switchbox wire
Loctite 545 Thread sealant bottle
Hornblasters 4 piece train horns
Air pressure regulator for train horns
All assorted fittings still to be determined

Front
SD upper and lower control arms with shock tabs and sway bar mounts powdercoated candy blue
SD upper cups, 2” tall Powdercoated candy blue
RE-7 Slam Bags
ART or SD shock relocator or might just try without shocks at first
Shock still to be determined

Back
SD 5 link w/ super pivots Powder Coated Candy Blue with bolt on tabs for axle and frame
RE-8 Slam Bags
SD carrier bearing crossmember powder coated candy blue
Round tubs with Hex notch cover (32” tubs)

Other Things to Note:
Converting rear brakes to 12” disc brakes using 98-02 F body(camaro/firebird) setup. I have the rotors, calipers, backing plate(with ebrake assembly) and hardware.
I will have all 4 calipers(including my Baer ones up front) Powder coated the same Metallic Candy blue as the rest of the suspension

I may powdercoat the entire rear axle a shiny black. The powdercoaters sandblast stuff before they coat it, so that’s also a lot less work for me to do (not having to strip rear axle off all the rust myself) and it doesn’t cost too much to have the whole thing powdercoated.

I am using my 22x9.5” Rims with 255/30/22 tires = 28.0” tall tire.

Stock style spindles (already on truck, just specifying. Not actually stock but from Baer)

As far as relocation of stuff and tubbing upfront im gonna have to see how everything goes as to if Im gonna try to lay upfront right now or leave that as a winter project for later on, we’ll see.

Truck as it sits now:

·
Certified MASShole
4,372 Posts
Yes.... this will be soooooo sweet

·
Baby > Home > S10
9,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are you gonna cut it up to lay out ?

lol read brian. but yes and no and maybe haha. THe back will lay(it will be able to lay frame but im gonna use the brain blocks not only as drag blocks but also use them to keep me from crushing the body kit. The front.....i dont know if im going to hack into that yet, we will have to see how everything goes and if I wanna do that now or wait till the winter time to do it. so yes to the back and maybe to the front

·
Disturbed Image Trucks
6,636 Posts
looks good man. i would just bag it for now and enjoy it for the rest of the season. you have all winter to cut the front up its going to be a big job. I know you were interested in doing a sway bar on your truck and i have mine all setup now. make sure to check out my project thread - the link is in my sig.

·
Baby > Home > S10
9,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks good man. i would just bag it for now and enjoy it for the rest of the season. you have all winter to cut the front up its going to be a big job.
that was my original thought, but then people would be like "just do it now" lol. its much easier to tell someone else to do a lot of work, but when you are the one who actually has to do it its a different story

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
Your going to be sitting a lot higher in the front than your gonna like after you see how much those inner fenders and 22's hold you up. Good luck and I look forward to following along.

·
Baby > Home > S10
9,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your going to be sitting a lot higher in the front than your gonna like after you see how much those inner fenders and 22's hold you up. Good luck and I look forward to following along.
the front can go 3" lower then it sits now then it hits the inner fender. that puts the front air damn 4" off the ground still. so yes I realize exactly how its going to look. And I will get to it now or maybe this winter, i definitly plan on taking care of it sometime in the near future.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
glad to hear your gona start working on baggin this thing finaly! :woot: ive wanted to see this thing get worked on for awhile now. :)

my only worry is, i just hope you dont rip that nice pretty ass end off her when you go and try to drag the back with the front a mile in the air cause of the 22's and inner fenders and the back bed sides touch way before the frame ever does.:(

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
The more you pull it apart to do this and that at random intervals, the more likely you are to have the paint ef-ed up. Let me just say from experience, working in a cold garage during the winter blows. Trying to weld sheet metal in the cold is even worse. You'll have to tub that front to get anywhere lower than 4" at the air damn so you might as well do it now, all at one shot, during the summer. IMO it'll be even that much more enjoyable to know when you put it back together, you're laying all the way out. It'll be even more enjoyable when you get it back together to know you don't have to rip it apart again come winter cause you threw it together to play faster. Work like that to be done and the idea of it on the back of your mind is like impending doom. Rushing it together just to play isn't cool.............parking and laying out ass flat nose in the air is even more uncool.

You've been patient this far, collecting all your parts and stuff. Be patient a little longer and see it out to the end.

1 - 20 of 6107 Posts