S-10 Forum banner

421 - 440 of 448 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
12.90s

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
With all the construction that's going on constantly you'd think we'd have awesome roads shooting out our asses. lol Ohio and N.Y. are no better really. Some of you guys should pop over for the Detroit Autorama. March 1st-3rd
I've been to the Detroit Autorama a few years back. Would love to ago again, maybe I'll make it this year.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #426
First show of the season is coming up fast. I should start getting ready.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I love the looks of a first gen. done right. I've seen a few with the TPI engine and they look nice in a first gen. Great project!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #428
Canadian May long weekend is over. Between yard work, house maintenance & family time I managed to get a few hours dedicated to the truck.

Had to dig through my horde of parts to find my new K&N filter from Christmas.

Filter will live in this empty space behind the driver headlight. Cleaned up some of the wire routing to make more room.

Test fit went well. Ended up trimming the silicone elbow some. When the elbow goes over the oval TB, the 90 angle changes. I had to trim the TB side to keep the over all 90 angle.

You can see in this image slightly how the elbow tries to change its angle when stretched over the oval TB.

It still needs some massaging. I need to fashion something to secure it permanently. Currently it's just wedged in precariously, but meh, send it.

Also the elbow contacts the hood a little, but I can't really fix that. I would need to change the angle of the engine, or machine down the intake slightly, so the plenum sits lower. Naww, talking out lound now, I just need to make a wedge to angle the TB downward a little. Maybe modify a nitrous plate or make something myself.

This might work..

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,219 Posts
:haha:

I just clicked on your second gen thread. I had no idea there where any other forums still around:haha: I remember some of the old ones. I bet I’m banned from that site your link is to.:haha: there where like 3 or 4 main forums back in the day.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #430
I started over at the other site, but get more traction (pun intended) over here. I try to keep all my build threads up to date across all the forums.

--

I might have to scrap the the TB spacer idea. Noticed last night that the elbow and intake tube are resting on the upper radiator hose. So I can't get the intake tube to sit any lower.

If I had gone with a 4" to 3.5" elbow and a 3.5" tube, then there would be no interference. BUT, I would have then needed another adapter to increase from the 3.5 inch tube to the 4" ID of the filter. Less adapters looks clean.

My only option I believe is to change the angle of the drive line (front of motor to point downward more). I have room between the trans and the tunnel to accomplish this, but not much, maybe an inch.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #431
This year DnD was meh... The venue was changed and it didn't have the same flow & vibe as previous years. Turn out was kind of lack luster, mostly because of the threat of weather. It did rain, but we made the best of it. Best part was hanging out with truck friends and getting to enjoy the open road.

No one from our group had any real mechanical problems. I managed to break a exhaust hanger, another friend lost a fuel line, another a popped sidewall. Nothing we couldn't overcome.

Managed to hold down an average of 21 MPG there and back. Friend with a recent LR4 4.8L LS NV3500 swap beat me with 24MPG. I did not bad for an outdated drive line.

Picture dump:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #433
Vanfest is this weekend - https://www.vanning.com/vanfest/

I plan on attending. Lets hope I can get some time this Friday to clean all the grime off from DND.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #434
VanFest was a blast again this year! Full day of mini-truck shenanigans & great friends.

Day before the show I did some quick errands (Photo) and got the truck all washed up. I was able to try out my new foam cannon, but no pictures of that because of all the mosquito's.

Day of VanFest was an early start and of course I would get stuck waiting for a train. 20 min of my life I can't get back.

Met up with @KaP10 and @Connor94 for the last 30 min cruze in.

On display.. I ended up getting best 100 in show, out of almost 200 entries.

This truck (Day2Night) won best paint. Just amazing detail. Every time I see it, I find something new.

This truck was also worth taking a look at. Cummins swapped, GMC 1500, bagged with a full BWM X5 interior swap.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #435
I've started thinking about what I want to accomplish before Carlisle this year. Keeping the list small and manageable, it looks a bit like this.

• Oil / Filter change
  • Grease front end
  • Touch up bed liner
  • Add sounds deadner to doors
  • Install new handles
  • Install new door panels
  • Figure out window cranks
  • Install the rest of my dash gauges
During my search of parts I could only find the driver side interior handle, and its faded quite bad with a broken spring.

Ebay to the rescue... A pair of NOS handles for $40, win.

·
Going to space
4,120 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #439

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #440
"Last Chance" car show is the last show of the season for me. Went with a few friends and made for a good day. Weather was fantastic and this years Turn out was unbelievable, over 1k cars showed up. Like usual, I didn't take many photos...

421 - 440 of 448 Posts