S-10 Forum banner

401 - 420 of 450 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
I was considering running a shifter boot, but have not thought about running a gate. Thanks for the idea, I'll have to ponder on that for a bit.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
Well, I'm back.. Was I ever really gone?

Post is all old news, but thought I would update the thread from this past season.

After the Mansfield Ohio trip I finished up my center console. It turned out awesome. I still have to replace my white zip-ties with something, but not sure what. I also installed a new steering wheel.

·
Also A Grumpy Site User
2,068 Posts
What is 7 Alex...

I have my own personal stalker on S10 forum :blaugh:

seriously, you've been doing this alot lately lol

But I still love the square bodies, and this may be the nicest one I've seen

·
Administrator
23,024 Posts
I have my own personal stalker on S10 forum :blaugh:

seriously, you've been doing this alot lately lol

But I still love the square bodies, and this may be the nicest one I've seen
Some people just forget....lol. Most times I don't even notice the name...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #410
Summer Fun

The trip to Mansfield and back through Detroit broke something on the truck. The roads in & around Detroit are horrible! I can't really explain how bad it is. Ever since that trip, there was a squeaky sound coming from the right side of the bed. During some prep for Carlisle Truck Nations, I pulled the bed.

I found a broken bed mount at the rear. This mount was damaged when the box was pulled from its donor and I repaired it when I was young and still learning. It lasted many years, but now needs the proper fix. Unfortunately I didn't take any after pictures. I guess I was short on time.

Trip to Carlisle Truck Nationals was great. I didn't take many pictures that year, I just wanted to enjoy my time with friends. This picture makes me miss the summer weather, cruising 6 hours with fellow S-10ers.

Scored some nearly identical door panels, both manual & automatic versions. Not sure which way I want to go yet, but these will make a nice improvement over my current ones.

Early fall picture before the leaves started changing colours. This was shortly before I parked it for the season.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #411
Hot Air Intake

I have been running an oval cone K&N filter on my throttle body for a couple years. It works, but the air inlet temperatures are quite high. High enough where I have reduced the timing a little to combat pre-detonation. Santa was kind to me this year and he dropped of some parts, 4" silicone 90° and some 4" aluminum pipe. Test fit everything, now pondering how to secure it and what filter to run.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
DUDE! I dont know why I never saw this build until now... But... DAMN! This thing is gorgeous! Awesome build man!
Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #419
I don't know but I bet those tires weren't doing you any favors. Also, glad you enjoyed our roads. lol
Yup, really enjoyed them merican roads :| This year for DnD i'm going to try going through Ohio, but I have to go though NY first, which may be just as bad.

Tires suck hard for track use, they're Nitto 555's but older ones. Rubber has gone a little hard and when you heat them up, they get greasy instead of sticky.

Best time to date with the combo pictured is 14.00 @ 102MPH. MPG suggests there is more in it, but my 60' is junk.

39,890 Posts
With all the construction that's going on constantly you'd think we'd have awesome roads shooting out our asses. lol Ohio and N.Y. are no better really. Some of you guys should pop over for the Detroit Autorama. March 1st-3rd

401 - 420 of 450 Posts