S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 441 Posts

·
Hello
11,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted much on here because as some of you know, I sold my S10. It now lives in Georgia.
This was my first project: http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f30/project-graduation-present-to-myself-345354/

Anyway, I sold my S10 because I wanted to finish my fiance's truck. She had this when we met and it was bagged in the rear, but there was a lot of work left to do to make it look nice and be reliable. My plan was originally to bag the front, fix up the rear, and clean it up a bit. After the suspension was finished, I put a Weber carb on and fired the truck up. It had sat for nearly two years prior. The engine started knocking, so I decided to ditch the 4-banger and drop a V8 in there! It has turned into a much bigger project, but I am ok with that.
My intentions are for this truck to be even better than my S10. I want it to be a full show truck... paint, interior, wheels, bagged, and a Ford 302 (5.0L) under the hood.

I started tear down in April of 2011. I'll post pictures from start until now. I'll continue posting updated pictures as I work on it. Sometimes progress is slow due to house projects and the wedding fund...

Start:

·
Street Truck Builder
747 Posts
:popcorn: I'm looking forward to your progress pictures....

·
Hello
11,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

So... funny story. I am currently working out of town 6 days a week. My gf told me the Mazda (which is sitting in the garage untouched) was leaking coolant or something and I needed to check it out when I got home Saturday night. So I walk into the garage and open the hood to look for a leak... to my surprise, the stock engine and transmission is GONE!!!!
I couldn't even process what happened. I was so confused!
3 of my truck club friends came over on Tuesday night and pulled the engine in about 5 hours. My gf and my 3 buddies all kept it a secret from me and I had no idea about it. Best surprise ever. I honestly can't thank them enough. I owe them big time!

SHOCKED!

·
Hello
11,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It lays on 225/45/17's right now, but it can lay on 18's with a 35 or 40 series tire. Oh, and that's without drop spindles... hence the nasty camber:p No desire to run anything bigger right now.

I don't want to forget to give some of my friends from my club, ELTC, a shout out for helping me a few times on this project so far. I'd never be this far in the custom auto scene if it wasn't for them!

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
It lays on 225/45/17's right now, but it can lay on 18's with a 35 or 40 series tire. Oh, and that's without drop spindles... hence the nasty camber:p No desire to run anything bigger right now.
Just FYI... when that desire does arise, you can slap on a pair of 2" drop spindles and be laying on 22s with 29" OD tires :)

·
Hello
11,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good stuff, is that a tractor trailer air tank, looks familiar?
I'm not sure. It could be... it was on the truck when I took over the project.

is that a olds 350
No, it's a Ford 302 (5.0) out of a 96' F-150. I'm using a lot of 87-93 Mustang parts for the build... including motor mounts, transmission, radiator, etc.

Just FYI... when that desire does arise, you can slap on a pair of 2" drop spindles and be laying on 22s with 29" OD tires :)
That would be sick! lol. Just require some tubbing of the firewall...

Oh, and are you the one marking the ceiling or the one laughing at the empty engine bay? :)
I'm the one laughing at the empty engine bay. I was shocked when I opened it looking for a coolant leak and found no engine!

1 - 20 of 441 Posts