S-10 Forum banner
161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
so you just built it with the seat down and that's how it stays? what's the volume of that box?

·
Registered
4 Posts
so you just built it with the seat down and that's how it stays? what's the volume of that box?
Yep! It´s almost 17 liters, it was recommended to have a closed box of 18 liters, but it was hard to get the last liter without any other modifications so I contented myself with a little too small box.

It's enought to get objects on the dashboard to start bouncing, but that´s about it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yep! It´s almost 17 liters, it was recommended to have a closed box of 18 liters, but it was hard to get the last liter without any other modifications so I contented myself with a little too small box.

It's enought to get objects on the dashboard to start bouncing, but that´s about it!

Do you have any more pics of this box? dimensions?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bringing this thread back to life....

Can anyone post up the pic with the measurements again? I am in the process of doing this myself and would like to use the measurements to verify myself so i dont screw anything up.. LOL

Thanks in advance for your help..

Patrick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nevermind, My PC here at work blocked and deleted the pics in the thread. I have since found them..
Thanks for keeping this thread in the archives!! Good Stuff!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's a couple I built last summer

So hey guy, how much to make me 2 of those for my s10?
I need 1 for each side and I don't want to spend the time
it would take me to build them, so I'd rather just spend the money.
Would you be willing to do it? And if so can you make them to fit 2 p3's?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I feel like an archaeologist digging up this thread, but if there's anyone out there familiar with doing this project and up for making a few bucks, I would love to have a driver and passenger pair of jumpseat enclosures made. The problem, it seems, for me though is that my truck is a 1st gen. As far as I can tell, these were all done for the 2nd gens in the past. So I'd doubt the dimensions are correct. But, perhaps there's still someone around that has some knowledge on that.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
My picture posted above is for a 1st gen. Yes, first and 2nd gen are a little different. I could build a set, but it would have to wait till after I finish painting my truck, and i have a few other things in line that I need to work on.

I might entertain selling my little jump seat box for the passenger side jump seat if the price was right.

Where you located?

·
Dirty Old Man
151 Posts
This is a great thread!! Too bad most of the pics don't show up any more. I have a huge box that fills up most of the room in my ext cab. It has two 10" Kicker Freeair speakers. Powered by a Pyramid PB618 2000 watt amp. I know, not the best equipment, but I'm a po boy with a family. I would post a pic, but photobucket isn't working right now. I definitely want to build a couple of these jump seat boxes though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been desperately searching for someone to make me one of these boxes for a 10" W3V3. With my daughter here now, the project truck has been set on the back burner.
This is the best write up I've found for this, its an amazing reference and wealth of information.

161 - 180 of 187 Posts