S-10 Forum banner
141 - 160 of 187 Posts

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
there is virtually no cone area....just surrounds with those subs!

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
that little dayton sitting beside it has more cone:haha:

·
I cant win for loosing.
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Itll be fun to watch something take those things to max excursion...

·
Wanna Race? To the ground
1,404 Posts
Those Cone's are teh gayness!:rotf: They do move a lot of air for 10's even with the tiny cone.

The jumpbox's are on hold until after Texas Heatwave, i don't have time to finish building even one before then.
I have one of them installed in my Civic for right now, its very clear and loud sounding, but its very power hungry.

·
More Cowbell
3,186 Posts
LA is owned by rockford...not made by them. Those subs are horribly engineered. Like toad said look at the cone area. Less cone area means less air displaced. I got a seat box that i have one 10 inch type r powered by a v12 600 monoblock and it sounds great. I didnt cut out the plastic though

·
'86 S-10 Ext cab 4x4
274 Posts
hey I want to make one of these for my first gen ext cab. and I'm new to the whole fiberglassing thing. do I do one layer at a time or do I do all 8 layers at once?

·
Registered
20 Posts
One of the guys on this site built me this box for my jump seat in these pics its just sitting in there it hasnt been bolted down or the plastic hasnt been screwed in yet

·
Registered
35 Posts
Damn if i knew anything about this i would not have trimmed up my plastic to fit a standard single 12 enclosure in the whole. But that dont mean i cant get a new panel or just build another box to fit in there nicely. I dont really care about the passenger side room:) Dont bother me.

·
Registered
112 Posts
For these boxes is the posted image of the box with or without cutting the material which normals covers the open space when the jumpseat is down. Do you have to cut the panel in order for this to fit? Anyone tried a shallow subs in one of these badboys so the sub doesnt stick out?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sorry to dig this thread up, but I got the same idea as many of you guys and found this thread while searching. I just wanted to mount a 12' in each jump seat space. But I was going to try to mount them as flush as possible so that I could make an actual bench seat or the back too. I think it would be neat.:p Any ideas? Sorry for the amature fab skills too haha.

·
Registered
170 Posts
For these boxes is the posted image of the box with or without cutting the material which normals covers the open space when the jumpseat is down. Do you have to cut the panel in order for this to fit? Anyone tried a shallow subs in one of these badboys so the sub doesnt stick out?
Sorry to dig this thread up, but I got the same idea as many of you guys and found this thread while searching. I just wanted to mount a 12' in each jump seat space. But I was going to try to mount them as flush as possible so that I could make an actual bench seat or the back too. I think it would be neat.:p Any ideas? Sorry for the amature fab skills too haha.
i haven't done the project yet but i have designs sketched up for a 10" slim sub and still be able to cover it with the seat plastic as if the jump seat were closed. it is a sealed setup obviously and takes up basically the whole area in there. i don't think you would be able to mount a 12" sub and still get the proper box volume without having it stick out some. i barely met the requirements of the 10" i plan to use but that depends on the specs of the sub so maybe if you spend enough money you can find one that requires a really small box

·
Registered
170 Posts
forgot to add this: yea you have to cut the panel. since it basically floats right in the middle of the jump seat space you will not get any sort of box in there without cutting it.

141 - 160 of 187 Posts