S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 770 Posts

·
GETTING V8'ED
12,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright my other project thread was way too long, so im starting part 2....work today consisted of getting the bed cut, dropped, and tacked...put the bed back on to see how it lines up, and it needs to be tweaked in some areas, but its pretty damn close....i talked to dave at suicidedoors.com today and i got my 5 gallon tanks on the way, hopefully they should be here soon...thanks again brotha!.....also, dont mind the wood, its so i can get a jack underneath the truck still....

·
GETTING V8'ED
12,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the comments everyone....

yea taking the bed off helped a hell of a lot. Im glad i did...im going to have a nice tank setup under the bed once my tanks get here, so it will set it off nicely......

the welder is the 135 plus and its awesome!

·
Banned
9,778 Posts
looks great man, cant wait to see it done

·
GETTING V8'ED
12,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no i took a break from the wiring, i was getting too frustrated. so i figured instead of wasting time and this nice weather, might as well get the bed done....the plan is to finish lining everything up on the bed, weld it up fully, take it back off, mount the tanks, compressors, valves, and all that at the rear of the frame, sheetmetal the bed, get the bed back on, and then worry bout the wiring...cuz once i get the back half done, all thats left is the wiring....

·
Registered
12,215 Posts
Do you have any pictures of what your cuts in the bed looked like as you were cutting out for the wheel tubs.. If not that's cool. I'm just seeing how everyone does theirs..

·
GETTING V8'ED
12,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
U mean when i first welded the tubs in?? if thats what u mean, i dont really have pics...but i cut out the stock fender, put the trailer fender against the bedside, marked it, trimmed a little bit out of the bedside, and then welded the trailer fender back in

·
growing up a bit..
5,182 Posts
looks good man.. good luck with the wiring.. hope everything works out for ya.. congrats on pulling the bd off.. its almost there

1 - 20 of 770 Posts