S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
First Gen FTW!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's been quite a while since I've even been on this forum, much less owned an s10. I have been slowly feeling the itch for another truck lately and after spotting a super clean first gen ex cab on craigslist, I couldn't turn it down. It's a slow.8 5 speed, I can't seem to get away from them, but the price was too good to pass up!

This truck is probably the cleanest of the twelve first gens that I've owned, at least to start with anyways! As far as right now, my plans are to do some minor stuff, drop, wheels and leave it mostly as is. For now anyways haha!

Here are a few shots from the night I brought it home and the next day!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Dude, that thing is seriously mint! Good find! What are the plans for it?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

·
Maybe later.
9,335 Posts
Wow, thats amazingly clean! Love the sunshine stripes!

·
First Gen FTW!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A couple of quick mods after a junkyard run this weekend!

A new steering wheel out of a lumina van!

Some better looking mirrors off a blazer!

·
First Gen FTW!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This thread is about to get a kick in the pants. I am finally ready to start doing some actual work to this thing including a v8 swap, drop, and probably paint somewhere down the road. I installed a new cd player a while back while back and some new speakers in the dash because all the speakers had been removed for some reason. the p.o. told me the radio didn't seem to work at times, geez, wonder why? I also picked up a digital cluster from the junkyard that I'm gonna install.

·
Resident *******
11,269 Posts
I'm looking forward to updates. I've been looking for a clean 1st gen x-cab for a while.

·
First Gen FTW!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm looking forward to updates. I've been looking for a clean 1st gen x-cab for a while.
Thanks man, I actually happened to just stumble upon this one on craigslist one day and figured it was too clean to pass up. I've been wanting another ex-cab since selling my old one.

Very nice truck! Love the fade paint job. GM doesn't do that kind of stuff anymore.
Thanks dude, I love the old school stripe packages on these first gens.

·
First Gen FTW!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's been a while since I last updated this thread. There hasn't been anything changed with the truck. I started gathering parts for the v8 swap like mounts, radiator, electric fan etc. I have not had much to work on anything because we've been slammed at work and I've had my little girl most evenings and weekends, plus we've been out of town recently. A week or so ago I bought another truck, saw a craigslist ad for an 85 model 2.8 that supposedly needed trans work and we agreed upon 500 bucks to come get it. We trailered it home cleaned it up a bit, put in a battery and it fired right up. It didn't take long to realize that the only thing wrong with it was it needed a clutch slave so I've bought one of those and am just waiting time to install it. I have decided that I'm gonna v8 swap this truck being that it is already a carbureted truck and it has the has the cool old school dash in it with the round gauges. I just need to find myself a clean crack free dash to swap in it, if any of you guys know of one let me know. I will be also keeping the ex cab and will just probably end up leaving it mostly as is and dropping it on a nice set of wheels.

Here is a pic of the jagthatrun mounts

My little girl helping me clean up the 93

Here is the 85 on the way home just after picking it up, it was pretty filthy.

We took her to the local car was and sprayed it off before taking it to the body shop where I work.

Unfortunately I had to remove this sweet gun rack which was attached using wood screws through the back of the cab :/. I also removed the handy homemade wooden clutter catcher behind the seat.

·
First Gen FTW!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, after work yesterday we decided to tear the single cab apart and start ripping the motor out. We were able to get it pulled, stored around back for now, and even test fit the new motor a couple of times. I realized after the motor was ripped out that I had completely forgotten to take pics along the way, I am terrible about doing that.

·
First Gen FTW!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bought another truck haha. This one will be a donor truck for both the extended cab and standard cab trucks. I mainly bought it for the 4.3 that's in it for the ex cab, but I can also use a lot of the interior parts for the standard cab truck.

This truck is fairly rough, but still nice enough in the right places. There is some jackass creeping on the other side of the truck.

I've already robbed the bow tie off the front for the ex cab, it's basically the only good thing off the front end lol

The bench is in great shape, might end up putting it in the ex cab truck.

The bed is in pretty bad shape as well.

Passenger side is in better shape, but that isn't saying much.

The reason for purchasing this truck, A/C even still works

P.O. said the tail lights didn't work.....

Did a little more tree trimming with the ex cab last week.

·
First Gen FTW!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Talking to myself in here lol. The headers came in for the 85 on Friday, I can now finally continue to make progress on it. I went to the junkyard yesterday in search of a few parts, which I didn't find :( I did however score a nasty cup holder for my center console and a bronze back glass.

We are shutting down the week of the fourth of July at work. I plan to use that week to swap the motor in the ex cab as well as dropping it and putting the wheels on etc...

I got the headers ceramic coated.

Saw this little truck at one of my junkyard stops. I started to grab the flares, but they weren't in great shape.

A shot of the cup holders and back glass that I snagged.

Cup holder cleaned up nicely, now I just need to find a nice console lid.

A shot of the ex cab getting cleaned up just because lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts