S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 344 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, here's a project thread for my 1995 Chevy Blazer. 2wd, 2door, with 186k miles... :(

Anyways, without further or do, pictures....

These pics are from about 5 months after owning it. I got it for $1300 and it came completely stock.

Things I've done as of right now
IROC wheels
Pioneer AVH-P1400 head unit
Pioneer TS-G1644 speakers (front)
Blacked out emblems

Not much, but plan to do a lot. First things first though will most likely be a good slamming! :D thinking of doing a 3/4 or 5/6, not sure yet.

Stay tuned!

Sorry for the dark cell phone pics, will have better pics soon.

·
Maybe later.
9,335 Posts
^yup, these are irocs.

And how many build threads you gonna start?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice starting point. Those aren't iroc wheels, those are commonly know as z28 wheels but also came on later rs model 3rd generation camaros as well.
Ya, I did some research and I found that out. Oh well, they look decent and I got em for $150 but they're not staying long. Just didn't want those ugly ass stocks on.

And how many build threads you gonna start?
This is the second one, and because on that first one it wasn't letting me post in it or anything :rant:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quick question to anyone out there that knows what to do....

I'm considering taking off the luggage rack but there's gonna be holes in the roof from it being bolted on, obviously. What would be the best, or right, way to "plug" all of the holes?

Thanks!

·
9" racing glass pack
1,477 Posts
If you plan on keeping it off for good then just get a small washer of some sort, even better if you can find something with no hole in it and just sand the paint off around each hole and tack weld each washer into the hole. Then just touch it up with some white paint.

Or for a non permanent method which is pretty good cause you don't need to weld and you can put the rack back on if you want, is get a metal hole plug, they also have stainless ones. Get some small enough to fit in and before you put them in just scuff them and give them a quick shot of gloss white paint. Pop them in and you're done.

Someone on here used some type of rubber plug for that but i can't remember who and what build it was. It was another blazer. You can probably find some white ones. You have an easy color too being white. Lucky lol

·
This season SUCKS.
15,929 Posts
If you plan on keeping it off for good then just get a small washer of some sort, even better if you can find something with no hole in it and just sand the paint off around each hole and tack weld each washer into the hole. Then just touch it up with some white paint.
Dear god, please tell me you don't actually do your own bodywork like that....?

You're missing quite a few important steps.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dear god, please tell me you don't actually do your own bodywork like that....?

You're missing quite a few important steps.
If I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do it right. I don't half ass my work whether its my truck or whatever

What do you think is the best way to do it dngrous_dime?

·
This season SUCKS.
15,929 Posts
If you don't already know how, then go spend a good long time in the body/paint section, and practice your welds on junk sheetmetal first. It's VERY easy to mess up a good body, and your truck is too nice to be thrown to a noob with a welder. (no offense intended, just the truth)
Pick up a rusted out door panel or tailgate to practice on. Even if you just drill out holes the same size as the roof rack and practice filling those, you'll be better off than the previous method. And you can't just "dab some white paint on it", at least not if you want it to last.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you don't already know how, then go spend a good long time in the body/paint section, and practice your welds on junk sheetmetal first. It's VERY easy to mess up a good body, and your truck is too nice to be thrown to a noob with a welder. (no offense intended, just the truth)
Pick up a rusted out door panel or tailgate to practice on. Even if you just drill out holes the same size as the roof rack and practice filling those, you'll be better off than the previous method. And you can't just "dab some white paint on it", at least not if you want it to last.
No offense taken, I know whatcha mean

·
I has s475
6,886 Posts
When making your fillers for the roof or whatever you plan on doing make sure you leave yourself a little gap like 1/16th of an inch of so the two pieces of metal can properly weld together instead of the weld just sitting on the surface.

Great looking blazer BTW really clean for the mileage.

·
Hot Rod Enthusiast
2,341 Posts
When making your fillers for the roof or whatever you plan on doing make sure you leave yourself a little gap like 1/16th of an inch of so the two pieces of metal can properly weld together instead of the weld just sitting on the surface.

Great looking blazer BTW really clean for the mileage.
This.

And you should probably take out your headliner. Also do not use a flap disk because you'll make the metal super thin. Use a 50 grit angle grinder pad and you'll be good. Then apply body filler and sand it. I could get more in depth but if you look around the paint and body section you'll learn a lot.

Good looking blazer though, looking forward to seeing more progress

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Haha thanks everyone. I already know about Motornut's rep, lol.... sometimes I think he just does it on purpose -___-

Anyways, hopefully I will get that luggage rack of by next weekend then I'll concentrate on slamming it! Another thing I was thinking about today at work was debadging the whole thing and even shaving the rear window button on the tail gate

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very clean Blazer, I love the blue interior!

Dont listen to motornut...
Ya, the blue interior is really cool IMO. I'm getting this painted (hopefully) soon because it needs new paint, BAD. You can't tell because pictures will make any car look good from a distance. But for paint I'm either going with the exact blue that came on the ZQ8s (like yours) or maybe a little bit darker. Not sure yet, I love that blue though. It's Space Blue right?

1 - 20 of 344 Posts