S-10 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 320 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,419 Posts
if you put train horns in, while she's gone, and set it up to use the OEM horn button....i damn well expect a video from a camera you've hidden in the car so everyone can see how badly she jumps the first time she blows the horn.

·
Need to DO WORK son
8,571 Posts
if you put train horns in, while she's gone, and set it up to use the OEM horn button....i damn well expect a video from a camera you've hidden in the car so everyone can see how badly she jumps the first time she blows the horn.
I concur!!

·
I make pneumatics
2,602 Posts
Good time to throw that turbo on like you talked about.

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Good time to throw that turbo on like you talked about.
lol too bad I'm not made of money, or I'd do that!

Just looking to put the tank and a ViAir 480 on it for now. Will probably play around with the rear suspension and some airbags but it won't be going on the truck permanently, I would just be getting it set up to go on. I was originally gonna bag the rear and static drop the front by cutting down the coils but I don't know that I want to delve into that much modification with it right now, especially since it's my daughter's main mode of transportation. I like knowing she's safe

Maybe when my wife gets a new truck and the TB becomes my daily I'll do it. Or possibly when it comes time to do shocks/struts because then I'll get some drop springs for the front and some SS struts and put the bags on the rear. Not sure, but it won't be permanent at this point. Doesn't mean I won't play with it though... :D

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
I had some new balljoints pressed in upper and lower when I lowered my girls trailblazer. Huge upgrade in my opinion, handles so much better, had about 120k when I did. Wish I would have went with djm arms to fix the tiny bit of neg camber though.

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
I had some new balljoints pressed in upper and lower when I lowered my girls trailblazer. Huge upgrade in my opinion, handles so much better, had about 120k when I did. Wish I would have went with djm arms to fix the tiny bit of neg camber though.
How much did you drop it?

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Belltech adjustable shock strut thingy set at 1.5" in front I think, I didn't use any of the extra spacers for more drop. Eibach spring in rear. Got in a bind going out of town and tried to get an alignment and needed all four bjs....dropped 800 on new balljoints and getting them pressed in, so I could have paid for and installed arms myself....oh well. Handles great now, it was night and day difference, but by eye is has a little negative camber.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Cool man, thanks for the info. I've been doing a lot of research on TrailVoy lately :tup:

Since the wife comes back in 2 days and I haven't even gotten the Sonoma done yet I'm thinking at most I'll just get the tank and maybe compressor mounted. I'll try to get some pics of the tank today

·
Premium Member
16,419 Posts

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Brent, I'm extremely disatisfied with this turn of events.

Too funny Scotty :haha:

I would like to put air horns on it eventually, just don't have the money for them right now. If you'd like to donate a set I'll gladly put them on! :D

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Progress

Tank sitting inside spare

Started to cut out one side with the hole saw. Drill battery died

Hole finished

Started on the other side til the drill battery died

Holes finished

Other way. I think I'm gonna cut the legs off so I can position them exactly where I want them. I might only use 3 to mount it just because of what I have to work with under the truck. And I might mount them on the other side of the tank so the fittings face upward and are tucked up inside the truck

The holes are there so the spare tire cable/bracket is able to pass through the tank. A length of pipe will get welded down through the middle of the tank to facilitate that. You can see the hole in the center of the wheel that the spare tire cable bracket sits inside to hold the spare up under the truck

And a close up

That is all for now. I'm hoping to cut the legs off yet tonight and tomorrow hopefully one of the welders at work can TIG a piece of stainless pipe down the middle and then I'll pressure test it. I'm thinking I may lose about a half gallon of space by putting the pipe in but I'll still have 3.5 gal at that point so I'm not too worried about it. I only have a 3gal on the Sonoma and it's always been a sufficient amount of air

101 - 120 of 320 Posts