nice grass man.
drop the tbss!

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
nice grass man.
drop the tbss!
Well it looks like it needs a drop even more than normal since it's only a TB LS with SS wheels lol

And I want to drop it very badly, the only thing that's stopping me is the fact that I could bag it cheaper than it costs to just lower it. But I dunno that I want another bagged truck for somebody in my family's daily.

I may or I may not, but it will have a lowered stance either way when I finish the SS conversion. I'm leaning more towards bagged but if I did I think I'd do it with a purely mechanical ride height control system with a "Lay out when parked" feature :)

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
How exactly are you gonna bag yours for less money than it costs to static drop it.. cuz if you know then I would have bagged mine already LOL
Because for a static drop you need 4 drop coils, drop struts and shocks, DJM upper arms, and you can't get low with a 4wd because you can't run the drop shock mounts. But if you remove the 4wd then you can get the drop shock mounts and get low with it. But with bags I could build it using the stock 4link and then I only have to buy bags and rear shocks out back, and then up front I can get rid of the struts (which are the most expensive part of the static drop) and build it with bags and just regular drop shocks, and then I could pie cut the upper arms myself and that way I could lay out AND still keep the 4wd ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mines 4wd and uses DJM shocks and springs in the rear and Belltech Springs up front with DJM arms.

the front will go down another inch if I swap out the TBSS struts and get the Belltech adjustable struts

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Mines 4wd and uses DJM shocks and springs in the rear and Belltech Springs up front with DJM arms.

the front will go down another inch if I swap out the TBSS struts and get the Belltech adjustable struts
How much would you say you've spent on all those lowering components?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've browsed around on there but never joined. I dunno that they'd want an LS I-6 guy posting on their SS forum lol But I am on trailvoy.com and I've found a lot of helpful info there.
The TB. . is looking good. . . . .!!
Dont know if i can talk for everyone on TBSSOWNERS FORUM.
But there are.. Non TB SS's On there. So Come on and Join up.!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
How much would you say you've spent on all those lowering components?

$500 bucks

only thing I bought brand new was the front Belltech springs for $120 a pair.. bought the A-arms used for $200 and the rear springs and shocks I got off another forum for $100

so thats $420 and I bought TBSS front struts used for $80

not too bad I dont think

Edit: I am also on TBSSowners.com under the same user name

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
looking good. i went with eibach springs, belltech front and rear shocks, new kyb upper rubber on my wifey's tb 2wd. rides great and handles awesome.

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Ok, so I have officially decided to put my Thorbecke Brothers S10 control arms up for sale. I have been wanting to get another dirtbike since I sold my 00 CR125r back in 2005, but it's not been something that was feasible until recently, and the only way I can afford it at this point in my life is by selling some things that are for more distant projects that I'm not going to be using within the next 6 months or so. Since the arms fall into that category that is why they are going up for sale.

The specs:

Thorbecke Brothers S10 control arms
Raw upper arms with Thorbecke cross shafts and PowerPerformance SuperTravel balljoints
Chrome lower arms with shock tabs (no sway bar mounts) and PowerPerformance balljoints

These arms will lay 22s with STOCK spindles, or 26s with DROP spindles

The arms have only ever been used for mockup on my trucks, have never seen any road time, and the joints have yet to see grease. They are in brand new condition still.

Asking $1000 OBO ($550 for chrome lowers, $450 for raw uppers with ST joints, but I would rather not seperate them)

PM me if interested. I will also be throwing these up in the classifieds

This is the only pic I could find of them for now. I will be posting more after I get a chance to take some

Also for sale are a full set of 15" 2nd gen Swirlie wheels with (2) 205/60-15 and (2) 195/50-15 tires in good shape. Asking $300 OBO for those

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Time to give some love to this thread as it's been a while. No mods to report, but did get some much needed maintenance done so it's back to being 100% mechanically sound, other than needing an oil change.

We got a recall bulletin in the mail a month or so back from GM stating that they were acknowledging the fuel level sending unit problem and were covering repair costs 50% (the sending unit goes bad, causing the fuel level gauge to show empty all the time, which also leaves the low fuel light on at all times [accompanied by the low fuel chime], and turns the Service Engine Soon light on). Well we needed to pass emissions to renew our plates and couldn't do so with the SES light on, so we took it in to the Stealership and had them fix it. Turned out to be a rather large hassle tho as they had to keep it 2 full days after telling me it was a 'few hour fix'. And the worst part about the deal was that after getting it home the SES light went back on :( At least the fuel gauge works now but for $150 it doesn't really seem to be worth it.

So I ended up scanning it to find that the code was still there for "coolant under temp" so I replaced the thermostat and the coolant temp sensor which effectively turned the light off and we were able to pass emissions and get our plates renewed.

Also, the left rear disc had burned the pads down to the metal and was grinding really bad, so I was starting to get metal dust all over that wheel as well as the whole back of the truck and also the drivers side mirror. I replaced the disc and all the rear pads to remedy the problem, and the wheel was able to be cleaned up by a friend of mine who specializes in auto detailing. Still need to wash the truck as a whole tho.

That's all for now, other than still needing to change the oil. Waiting for a little extra cash to roll in before I can do that though.

Oh, and one other thing... I think when it comes time to lower it I'm going to forego messing with the suspension at all and just bodydrop it. Then it will keep the nice ride that it has and I will have 100% stock, reliable suspension that doesn't interfere with the function or capability of the 4wd, yet still have a nice lowered stance without sacrificing any ground clearance :D

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Well, was able to pull this thing in the garage last night for the first time in a while. Got the oil changed and checked/topped off all fluids

And for whatever reason, the day after passing emissions the SES light came back on. Not sure what's up with that

81 - 100 of 320 Posts