S-10 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 320 Posts

·
CREW CAB LONG BED
872 Posts
i forget how much it was but i used the collars up front and the air bag mod out back (i dont think ur tb has air bags out back) so u will probly need coils all around my suggestion is coil overs on all 4 cornered it will ride great n be slammed

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
i forget how much it was but i used the collars up front and the air bag mod out back (i dont think ur tb has air bags out back) so u will probly need coils all around my suggestion is coil overs on all 4 cornered it will ride great n be slammed
I was actually debating putting air ride on the rear, although I would use normal stuff and not the factory stuff like your SS had. I can fit a 4 gal pancake air tank INSIDE the 20" SS wheel I have in the spare location :D

·
CREW CAB LONG BED
872 Posts
dunno if ur a member but join tbssowners.com great forum n u can probly buy a complete air ride rear setup from a member who has installed coil overs. just an idea

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
dunno if ur a member but join tbssowners.com great forum n u can probly buy a complete air ride rear setup from a member who has installed coil overs. just an idea
I've browsed around on there but never joined. I dunno that they'd want an LS I-6 guy posting on their SS forum lol But I am on trailvoy.com and I've found a lot of helpful info there.

As far as the factory rear air ride goes, yeah it's nice, but the ones I've seen for sale have outrageous price tags on them, whereas I could buy 2 bags for around $150 and then I'd just need tank/compressor/valve. If I went that route I'd most likely run train horns as well (if you have an on-board air system, why not? :evilg:) and then until I would fully bag the whole truck I'd probably just run a mechanical auto leveling valve like what Semi's have. That way I can lower it but also tow heavy stuff and not ever have the ass end squat

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Changed the oil on this over the weekend but that's all that's new to report. Still need to buff/wax it and check the oil in both diff's as well as the transfer case. Plus the SES light has been on for a while now because of the coolant temp sensor, so I at some point need to mess with that as well. Oh, and the fuel gauge always reads empty so I need to look into if that's a sending unit issue or a gauge cluster issue

·
Registered
176 Posts
Stopped at a local bodyshop this weekend and got a quote of $400 to smooth and paint the rocker covers, D pillar covers, mirrors, and paint match a set of painted door handles that I source from a junkyard

What do you guys think.... that sound about right?
I paid $200 to have an SS grille shell, door handles and Denali Steering wheel paint matched on my TB a while back..

Got a Newer LT bumper painted and license holes filled for $100 and just dropped off a newer LT rear bumper and step pad to have them painted and the step pad smoothed and painted for another $100

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I paid $200 to have an SS grille shell, door handles and Denali Steering wheel paint matched on my TB a while back..

Got a Newer LT bumper painted and license holes filled for $100 and just dropped off a newer LT rear bumper and step pad to have them painted and the step pad smoothed and painted for another $100
Wow that sounds like some really good pricing! Do they do a pretty good job too?

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
dang nice.

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Well we got lots of rain overnight and this morning. Here's how the subdivision is looking

This is the field across the side street from me. As you can see it flooded which then flooded over the road and then flowed down my street

·
Electrical Mod
56,116 Posts
I'm kinda Jealous, we haven't had a good rain down here in forever! I kinda love when it floods, I live in a high enough place I don't have to worry about it, but I enjoy playing in it with my truck. I know last Sunday it flooded back in Kokomo, my parents sent some videos and pics of it. And it'd take a lot to flood my house back there as well. Half of Kokomo would be under water before my house goes.

Hopefully you didn't have any flooding issues, but I enjoy it when it's on the streets.

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
I'm kinda Jealous, we haven't had a good rain down here in forever! I kinda love when it floods, I live in a high enough place I don't have to worry about it, but I enjoy playing in it with my truck. I know last Sunday it flooded back in Kokomo, my parents sent some videos and pics of it. And it'd take a lot to flood my house back there as well. Half of Kokomo would be under water before my house goes.

Hopefully you didn't have any flooding issues, but I enjoy it when it's on the streets.
I don't have any flooding issues that I know of, but thanks for your concern :)

When you say Kokomo, do you mean Kokomo, IN?

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Yes, I'm from Kokomo IN, sorry, forgot to mention Indiana, I noticed you are lower Indiana which is why I mentioned that.
Gotcha... that's what I figured you meant. So what puts you in Houston? (and I'm actually in Northwest Indiana ;))

61 - 80 of 320 Posts