S-10 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 320 Posts

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
So she finally noticed huh?
Yeah she noticed lol

Only because I only ever put the 1 blinker mirror on (the drivers side) and one day she was like "Why does the drivers side blink and the passenger side doesn't?" lol

She hasn't noticed the SS 20" spare (or maybe just doesn't care enough to say anything) and she still doesn't know I have the SS grille

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Well I should be working on this thing tonight for a lil bit. I plan to start the night working on my '91 to get it rolling and out of the garage (to be winched back in at the end of the night). Once that's done I'll fully clean/organize my garage and then I have to change the oil on this beast. While it's in the garage I will most likely install the passenger side SS mirror that I still haven't put on lol I am also going to try to de-badge it, take off the impact strips, and possibly the roof rack too. Then after all that I may or may not work on the Sonoma for a little bit

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Well over the weekend I worked on the TB a little bit. Told the wife I was gonna change the oil (and I fully intended to) but I ended up not changing the oil but instead I removed the roof rack and also all the emblems/moldings. I still need to change the oil and when I do I will be putting the passenger side SS mirror on, and I'll probably rotate the tires too.

Here's a pic how it sits now:

Now all thats left to do to complete the SS conversion is get the bumpers and then paint the mirrors, door handles, rocker covers, bumpers, and grille, and then lower it a little bit. Here is the look I'm going for in the end (including the 22" SS replicas and C6 Z06 brakes):

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
looks awsome already!
Thanks man!

Well yesterday I worked on this thing for a while...

I was able to get the oil changed, rotate the tires, and finally install the passenger side SS blinker mirror. I didn't get any pics but I didn't really feel there was a need...

Up next for this thing will probably be to buff/wax it (you can see where the impact strips were on the doors) and just keep it clean. Hopefully sooner than later I will be hitting up the pick n pull to try to find painted door handles and painted rocker covers, and also to try to grab an extra pair of D pillar covers. Somewhere in there I'd also like to get the front windows tint-matched to the rear windows and also black out the B and C pillars. The only other thing in the next few months would be to get a PCMforless tune put on it and maybe also cut off the resonator on the back

Then all thats left to do to complete the SS conversion is to get the SS bumpers (again, I already have the grille) and get it all painted. Then I will probably delve into lowering it. Not sure if I'd just go straight for bagging it or not. We'll see

·
ZQ8 & ZR2 owner
725 Posts
just by an ss..thats a what i did..there is nothing 400hp awd in the snow...yours does look a lot better with the roof rack and impact strips off...

·
376ci LSX MCSS? Say what?
7,589 Posts
thing looks good man! What do you guys get with this thing mpg wise? I wouldnt mind having the v6 ss clone either. Since I know the ss gets terrible gas mileage and I do not have the doe to fork that much out.

·
7,589 Posts
just by an ss..thats a what i did..there is nothing 400hp awd in the snow...yours does look a lot better with the roof rack and impact strips off...
arent they alot more money though? and terrible on gas?

·
ZQ8 & ZR2 owner
725 Posts
we paid in the md 20s for an 08 awd 2ss...its gets around 13mpg, but who buys a 400hp awd tbss for the gas milage????

·
7,589 Posts
we paid in the md 20s for an 08 awd 2ss...its gets around 13mpg, but who buys a 400hp awd tbss for the gas milage????
yea thats too much money for me, lol. And well the sucky thing is that my jimmy 4x4 gets 15.5mpg on the last fill up...Id rather have something that looks good, and has a v8 to tow the s10 if need be for that mileage, lol.

If I knew I was working as close to home as I am, I wouldnt mind a SS bc I travel 26 miles round trip and the jimmy gets about 260 to the tank in the winters, 280 or so in the summer time. It lasts me about 6-7 days between fill ups.

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
This TB is an '05 LS that we bought in Dec of '08 with 38k miles for $12k as a GM certified Used vehicle it came with a 12k mile/12 month bumper-to-bumper warranty, and we used it too. Granted I've put maybe ~$500 into mods but other than that there have been no major expenses. And the best part is... it still blue books for $12k over 2 years later.

As far as gas mileage goes, I'm not going to lie... it's not the greatest. We probably get ~15 in the winter and ~18 in the summer. I'm sure thats a little bit better than the SS but it's not wonderful. I've heard that a PCMforless tune on the inline 6 cyl really peps them up and improves mileage considerably as well

·
Registered
358 Posts
Did a quick MSpaint chop to black out the B & C pillars and make the D pillar body color. This is EXACTLY what I want my TB to look like in the end (except Silver)

not saying the blacked out pillars are ugly because they do look real good, but i like the white better.

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Stopped at a local bodyshop this weekend and got a quote of $400 to smooth and paint the rocker covers, D pillar covers, mirrors, and paint match a set of painted door handles that I source from a junkyard

What do you guys think.... that sound about right?

41 - 60 of 320 Posts