S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was going to wait till I actully got some work done on this to post it but guess I can make a thread now. I bought this truck in Oct its a 92 Sonoma GT number 202. No more body kit tho. Its bagged with DJM control arms up front pockets not even cut out. Backs BOA 3link, 8g tank 6 vavles 2 480c comps. Other the that its all stock. Im calling this Hoopie because my grandmother has been calling the truck that sence the night I brought it home. :haha:

But this will be a slow project until spring time ive parked it for winter so I can save up to redo a few things. Front is being redone to stock lowers dehumped and dom 2500s, The rears geting redone to a 5link. Motor is geting a full tune up maybe even a rebuild. Also the rattle can paint job will be done away with and everything will be going under the bed and also doing a raised bedfloor.

But heres the truck.

Pics from the previous owner.

Pics of everything.

Night I brought it home.

And whats ive done to it repaint the emblem, got a rear bumper, new tailgate, and got board and tired of the all black.

Full Lift

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea beandips told me the day i got to make one but I wanted to wait. But ive been looking threw everyones threads and it made me change my mind haha.

Hopefully Ill be geting some work done to it soon.

·
it could be lower.
1,449 Posts
i like it

·
bartle doo
1,641 Posts
looks great with red rims man! ill be watching.

·
Its that dam ADD!
4,742 Posts
hows that thing run with the 4.3 in it? thats what I want to do in my 85 right now so bad!

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks good man.

lol @ the t-shirt blower box mod.

Yea I was going to take that out but if I do its just a hole :haha: And no heater right now sucks anyway so i dont need any more air coming in their.

And with the 4.3 in its got some go to it way more then my blazer with a tune. But also I looked up a few things on the Sonoma GTs and they have alittle bit done to them factory im not sure what tho. But its hard to keep the tires from spining when I get on it haha. every shift its slips alittle.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well had some free time and money so I thought id do some of the much needed tune on this thing. Changed the oil and put a thermostat in it. Pulled the housung off to find this.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Truck dident even have a thermostat in it which I already knew from when I flushed it before winter. But now Im the trucks runing like it should just need to to get plugs wires and a cap and rotor. Then the motor should be grand!

Also about to get some stock lower control arms and next check order my bag kit for the front.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well decided to make the paint look worse on the truck. But I dident get to finish weather forced me to stop.

Cab after i sanded it alittle.

Cab after paint Im going to finish going down the back so it will have a cap on it.

Did the tailgate so it will match the truck alittle better. Junk yard tailgate that will hopefully be gone soon.

Did alittle spot on the hood but will be doing the whole hood when the weathers nice agian.

The truck as of now.

And the daily turd. Which is all nice a dirty.

I need to find a color I will stick with for paint so i can do the whole truck. I might strip it to bare metal and clear over it until I can choose haha.

1 - 20 of 418 Posts
About this Discussion
417 Replies
60 Participants
TRPLS10
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing