S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 S10 RCSB LS1/T56 swapped and daily driver. Started off with a 1st gen but realized that I wanted something with heat and a dashboard... lol. Here is my build.

Specs:

5.7 LS1-T56

983 heads, Have 04 gto 241 heads sitting around
ls6 Intake manifold w/ pnp TB
UDP
Stage 3 monster clutch mated to a light weight Flywheel(Max 750 torque)
1" Wilwood master with wilwood pedal (Custom mount) and a Ticksport speedbleeder
no a/c or p/s
Custom warm air intake(ebay)
Shortened driveshaft with splicer u joints
Unnnarowed Ford 8.8" and 3.73 gears (rear disc swap)
Saleen Reproduction Wheels 19 x 8.5" wide front (245/35/19) Back 19"x 10" (305/30/19")
1 3/4" Hedmann Hedders Long tube headers,catted (spun cat) and mangaflow SS mufflers that exit before wheels.
AEM wideband + HP tuners (untuned...)
Stainless steel fuel line with AN fittings to corvette regulator/pump
Walbro 255lph pump (mustang) relocated blazer tank (behind axle)

2 row Aluminum Radiator

Lowered 3" front, approx 2" in back
Fbody brakes
Jeep Steering shaft
Ford explorer 17x8" (245/45/17 tires)
Caltrac Traction bars

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 89'

How i got the truck (as a roller with 250k miles).

Motor dropped in.

Blazer tank swap.

8.8" swap and Saleen rims.

Right after I broke the driveshaft u joint...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And how it sits now (with a new tonneau cover).

Currently trying to get a new daily so i can do a lot more fixing on this truck so It can be track ready in the spring.. Still haven't got it to the track and I live 5 minutes away from Englishtown Raceway park.

Plan on painting it a very bright red.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You must live with some bad drivers! That Geico adjuster spends alot of time at your place!:p Truck looks good!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
This is pretty much my only update here. Installed an x-pipe and made an intake air box from an aluminum battery box. Plan on datalogging and tuning really soon, just trying to build some courage.

Edit: Still haven't spent much time cleaning up the engine bay. I care more of how it runs then how the engine bay looks.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome! glad to see another v8 S10 from jersey! Hopefully see you at Etown one of these days

I still have to do a few things before Etown let's me race (battery shutoff switch and box, new windshield and some other misc. things). PM me the next time you go to Etown though, I'm two minutes from there.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've heard mixed statements from everyone that it won't pass tech if I don't have the battery shut off switch and have a cracked windshield.

·
Got s10?
4,219 Posts
Strange... Maybe because the battery isn't in the stock location? but Ive never heard of them giving too much of a hassle. But I guess you are right. Better be prepared then sorry HAHA :D

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well honestly I could go there and find out on one of the free track days during the week and see what happens. Lol.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The only thing that has been done to the truck as of lately is a new radiator. I decided to go with a corvette radiator instead.

All other work has been put on hold due to my parents house being struck by lightning on June(Friday the 13th). House caught on fire but mostly just water damage. Waiting for some insurance money to replace some of my damaged parts that were in the basement.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Any pictures of your transmission cross member? Is it a modified stock or aftermarket? If you modified yours, any pointers for someone who is going to do a similar transmission swap?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Any pictures of your transmission cross member? Is it a modified stock or aftermarket? If you modified yours, any pointers for someone who is going to do a similar transmission swap?

Mine is very ugly and I refuse to take a picture of it lol. It's actually a custom one made from some hollow square tubing.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts