S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not much more to say than frenching a license plate box in the corner of my gate and shaving the handle...here are some pictures from today..

Me cutting the hole.

Test fit.

random pics.

My friend jared (Jrod Jr.) tacking in the box.

Me throwing some tack on there.. Jareds brother forgot to bring the welding helmet in when he brought the welder...

Bondo sucks... this is the good stuff

Well it got kinda late and we didnt have enough time to put a coat of body filler on because Jared had to get home and it was 11:00PM. Heres a pic of it all grinded down and cleaned..

The 30x50 cleans up nicely:D.
Tomorrow we plan on getting a coat of body filler on there and start shaving the handle... and getting it all under primer and paint.

·
Registered Fabricator
777 Posts
Hey Corey, where's your helmet at bro? That's not safe, lol. I got an extra one if you want it. Looking good though, ttyl

·
Registered Fabricator
777 Posts
I wish I had an extra one of those, but nah, it's just a plane jane #11. Sounds like you got it covered though. Can't wait to see some more pics soon.

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
LowNoma22 said:
Look, its Paul Jr. from OCC on Discovery. I didn't know he lost weight, lol. JK, but you might want to think about a real mask rather than sunglasses. Its not a show,,,,,its your eyes. Looking to go blind soon? Even closing your eyes isn't enough. The spark is still bright enough to damage the retina through the eye lid. Seen it done by a few airframe mechanics.

Progress looks good.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NickZigaitis said:
Look, its Paul Jr. from OCC on Discovery. I didn't know he lost weight, lol. JK, but you might want to think about a real mask rather than sunglasses. Its not a show,,,,,its your eyes. Looking to go blind soon? Even closing your eyes isn't enough. The spark is still bright enough to damage the retina through the eye lid. Seen it done by a few airframe mechanics.

Progress looks good.
i know its not the safest but like i said we did have a mask but it was 15 miles away at jareds house because his brother was in a hurry to get to his gfs house and forgot the damn thing.. but were gonna use it for the tailgate handle relocator... welding sunburns a bitch... o well live and learn :haha:

and yes i am only 15 :)

·
Banned
7,683 Posts
LowNoma22 said:
i know its not the safest but like i said we did have a mask but it was 15 miles away at jareds house because his brother was in a hurry to get to his gfs house and forgot the damn thing.. but were gonna use it for the tailgate handle relocator... welding sunburns a bitch... o well live and learn :haha:

and yes i am only 15 :)
right on man keep up the good work.. u should be pimpin it once ur 16

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
so far so good, how u making out now? n ya where a helmet. ur eyes would so feel like they have snd in them all night n for a few days. isnt like ur welding much like that but its still bad

·
under construction
2,936 Posts
looks good man, i just now got my truck back from being painted.........we put mine in the lower right hand corner at an angle.........

1 - 20 of 70 Posts