S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I know this is long, so here are your cliff notes: Bought a first gen... ...flipped it... ...frame off restoration... ...insane custom work.
Heres the background - Got a 93 S10 as a daily driver about 18 months ago. Drove it for a week and then the wiring shorted out in multiple spots, burst into flame (not too bad) and then sat for a month. Began redoing the interior (back to stock, as it was a daily driver) got it all situated and that took about three months. There were alot of bad wiring problems! Was driving it about 40 miles a day until it one day it killed itself going on an onramp to 84. It backfired and shot the muffler and tailpipe right off. I got it back home and replaced the cat thinking it was clogged and put a glasspack on it. Still backfired horribly shooting fire and what not. Replaced the distributor and had it timed. It was running like crap but I was just going to drive it into the dirt and replace the motor when it exploded. One day on my way to work, hit a patch of ice around a turn, and loooooong story short flipped into a ditch. The whole time Ive owned this truck Ive put maybe 2000 miles on it. It sat in my garage for a long time all beat up crushed up and scratched up. I tore off the front end, got new fenders inner wheel wells bumper grille and valance. Went to bolt everything together and noticed the fenders dont line up. Desided to go underneath and low and behold I shot the front two cab mounts THROUGH THE FLOOR. Im in the process of fixing that :) I just got most of the interior ripped out.
Well this truck has gone from my daily driver to my current project, putting my other one on hold. Ill get pics up real soon just gotta hit up Walmart and get one of those picture CDs made.

PLANS: A frame off is under way. Gona POR15 the frame itself, redo the undercoating on the bed and the cab.
Changing the interior from whatever color it is (beige?) to black.
Changing the exterior from Black and Tan to Jet Black with ghost flames.
Suicide doors and SSD 3 Link.
Caddy tails, roll pan, flush tonnue.
Ive been looking at Soft 8 rims, 17's. Im not much one for chrome so I was thinking black rims would kick ass.
Two 10" subs, bucket seats (out of my Blazer) cool center console of some kind, glassed dash with autometer "Antique" or "Cobalt" gauges.

I hope everyones interested in this. Im doing all the work myself cause I dont have the money to do it otherwise. By the way anyone in Danbury are wanna hire me? :haha:

Id like all comments whether good or bad (but try to keep it nice I dont wanna read some replies and want to kill myself :haha: ) also Id like some suggestions on what to do with the roof. Youll see when I post pictures. I really REALLY want to avoid a convertible top.

·
Banned
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wicked Mayhem said:
hell yeah sounds like some good plans. goiing to shave the handles or anything?
Actually the doors are so messed up I havent put any thought into it other than replacing them ha.
But Ill look into it. Autoloc still makes those kits?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts