S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 260 Posts

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[Project] Bodydropped 95 S-10

Heres the next project in the shop, the rework of the 'Draggin Daddy' feature truck. Many people may remember this truck under that name, but it has since been sold by Dennis to my buddy Brian, and its in die need of some changes. Ill be reworking all of the suspension to something more fit of a feature truck, as well as some body mods and a tune up of other components.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here it is in the shop, the headache begins! (as well as the poor quality pics, someone should donate a decent digi cam to me :D)

Attachments

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the current setup. It used to be all covered up with tweed and carpeted panels, for good reason. Its just bare bones air over axle suspension with monoleafs, stacked 1" and 4" blocks, 255C bags, and some 2x2 box tubing with some flat stock and angle iron thrown into the mix. The original compressor died so that monster Blowjax 550 comp was put to work. The valves are haphazardly sitting over a hole int he bed floor.

Attachments

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heres what it looks like after a short session with cutting pliers. The tank was half bolted half welded to the floor and some wires and tubing ran under a piece of fiberboard to feed the rear setup.

Attachments

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what came out from the bulkhead, a piece of fiberboard for the comp to sit on, a tweeded panel and a piece of 1 x 4 wood with bent nails sticking out of it? Strange place to hind some lumber..

Attachments

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dont do this, securing the valve wiring to the bag bolt isnt the best way to ground anything and it certainly doesnt look nice.

Attachments

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heres where everything ran thru the bed floor..not good. Nothing is protected and the edges are quite jagged. you can see the green wire has been involved in a short, its bare wire most of the way and whatever insulation is left is melted and scorched..We also had a problem with a gauge line feed being cut here and had to run a new one.

Attachments

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heres the valve setup, its about the same for front and back. Theres about 15 extra fittings in here and its no wonder the truck couldnt hold air for more than 3 hours. Most everything is Home Depot brand and to run the gauges they used a bunch of compression and PTC fittings to get the job done. Not to mention the adaptors at almost every connection.

Attachments

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went under to remove the taillight wiring and I found a huge nest of wires all taped together and a large assembly of butt connectors..This is getting changed anyway so it was all cut out.

Attachments

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Man its amazing what u will find under some carpet and places u can't see.

·
fuq dem hataz
142 Posts
yep....def half assed fab work...makes ya wonder wut trucks that look good are done rite or not....shit wires coulda set fire at anytime

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
funny thing is i know that truck and dennis first hand lol...but alot of that truck was shop built and its no wonder i build my own truck....cuz thats what shops do down here.....also notice it doesnt truely lay body....im interested in seeing when its finished tho....

1 - 20 of 260 Posts