S-10 Forum banner
1461 - 1480 of 1485 Posts

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,462 ·
Made some progress tonight. My original plan was to cut the bed out in the shape of the fender. That ended up being a huge pain in the ass and not working. So tonight I cut the fender down to fit the bed.

Test fit, trim, test fit again, about 20 times, and it’s pretty close to ready. Got a little work to do to the bed before tacking it in, but it’s close. Then on to the other side. The hard part will be making them symmetrical.

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,463 ·
It finally stopped raining long enough for me to get the other tub cut down and welded in.

They’re far from perfect, but they suit the truck. Still need to eventually cover the notch and air management, to make a somewhat useable bed. Eventually.

·
Boozebag
9,968 Posts
IHNPO - Suggestion - A light scuff and blow some low gloss clear over/under those "tubs".
They will keep rusting and turn into major rust units.
They look really "Patina (ed)" now.

The rear bag suspension stuff looks so good, be a shame to cover it. Maybe a removable floor cover?

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,465 ·
Definitely gonna paint or maybe even spray some undercoating on the inside of the tubs once it’s done. Ideally, this truck won’t see water anymore except when I wash it, so I’m not too concerned about them rotting.
The notch/air management cover will be removable. Either completely detachable or hinged.

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,466 ·
I finally decided to just get a soft tonneau cover.

I don’t 100% love the look, but it’s growing on me. For being the cheapest one I could find on eBay, the quality is amazing. All powder coated, extruded aluminum rails and clamps, thick weatherstripping on all 4 sides, thick, double sided vinyl cover, etc.

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,469 ·
I’d be lying if I said the idea of ‘distressing’ it, or somehow making it match the look of the truck hasn’t crossed my mind.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,608 Posts
hang from rope and "dust" with a sand blaster to age it a bit- leave bottom loose so it swings .Its too shiney. Or just wait for Jack and Mother Nature's opening salvo in a little over two months.

·
Boozebag
9,968 Posts
There was a guy with a 53 Chevy that was running 10s with a turbo Chevy 250 6 cylinder at Lebanon Valley 15 years ago.
It sounded like (almost) nothing. It sort if fluffed at idle ( :p)
Anyway, it went like a mofo.

I have a feeling that you may be surprised.
Spelled TORQUE!

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,608 Posts
well pants, that will get you old *** moving- just remember- Barney Fife has been bored and broke.

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,478 ·
Not much of an update, but I did order a new distributor (technically my wife bought it for me as a birthday gift), and coil. I might’ve mentioned it before, but the HEI distributor I’m currently running isn’t compatible with the timing control in the EFI system. I had actually ordered a distributor over a month ago from the same company as the current one, but they ended up being out of stock and backordered for the foreseeable future. I just happened to find a speed shop on eBay that had what appears to be the exact same thing.
It will take some modification to work, but it’ll allow me full digital timing control, including retard under boost.
Next up is piecing together the exhaust and intake piping, and the rest of the fuel system.

·
time to get cereal
5,650 Posts
Does the Holley system not allow you to just ditch the distributor altogether?

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,480 ·
It does not. Still need some way of sending spark to the plugs. I’m gonna end up gutting this distributor of all the vac/mechanical advance and circuit board. All I’m keeping is the magnetic pickup assembly. That’ll get wired directly to the Sniper system. I already have the coil driver to send the signal to the coil.

I’ve been throwing around the idea in my head of someday coming up with a way to run a MPFI/sequential fuel injection setup. The AussieSpeed manifold has a boss on each runner that can be drilled and tapped for an injector. I figure with the right combination of a later EFI fuel rail, and some aftermarket ignition parts, I can come up with something

1461 - 1480 of 1485 Posts