S-10 Forum banner
1421 - 1440 of 1485 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Awesome. Good to see all these old projects coming back to life.

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,422 ·
Old?! I’ve only had this thing 3 years, and have been working on it pretty much constantly! I mean, it sat for a few months over the winter because I don’t have a garage, but I work on it every chance I get.

·
Boozebag
9,969 Posts
I'd be lit to be cruising.
I know it's a slow process, but all of the changes/improvements would be a def reason to want to see how they worked out...
Pretty sure this rig will have a totally different personality...:cool:

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,424 ·
Just waiting on wiring goodies. Everything will be here end of this week or just after the holiday weekend. All I need to do to get it drivable is run battery power to the compressor solenoids and wire up the switch box.
Spaghetti monster is back!

This will all get neatly tucked away. I ordered another 50’ of wire loom.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I’m against anything that makes it obvious it was painted over. So mostly just against gloss clear. I know there are all sorts of finishes out there. And as long as it’s nearly impossible to tell that it was done, I guess I’d be ok with a matte finish. But I’d still prefer to leave it natural.
I saw an article where they washed the truck with Comet then matte clear coated it. The comet knocks down the rust and flakes to leave it really smooth.

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,426 ·
It lives!
It may look like I have absolutely no idea how to operate the switches in the second video. That’s because the wiring diagram I used to wire the switch box is completely wrong and none of the switches do what they’re supposed to. Hitting all up/down I can hear bags inflating and deflating at the same time. So something is very wrong. I think I’m gonna have to hook up the gauges and hit one switch at a time and see what happens and rewire it that way. But I’m happy everything technically functions.

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,429 ·
Busted my ass all week, and got this pile drivable!! I took it around the block a couple times, and I still have a stupid ass smile on my face. There’s still a lot to get done before it’s really roadworthy, but I’m super excited about the progress I’ve made.

Now, to clean up the mess...

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,349 Posts
😂 😂 Looks like a crime scene...

·
Boozebag
9,969 Posts
More like...

Tic Tic BOOM

And FINALLY - it cruises! (y):giggle:

Did the FI straighten out?

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,433 ·
EFI seems good. But I won’t know for sure till I drive it a bit more. Driveway needs a new driveway. It’s all rutted and cracked and falling apart. We’ve been planning on redoing it since we bought the place. But that’s a year or two away.

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,434 ·

Peekaboo!
Spent the afternoon cutting out the bed floor and modifying and relocating the bedside braces so the bedsides weren’t all floppy. This also allowed me to push the bedsides out about 1/2”, allowing a little more tire clearance when laid out. I ran out of motivation and started getting cold feet when it came to hacking the wheel wells. That’s tomorrow.
For at least the last month, at least a couple times a week when I’m out working on this turd, my 70something year old neighbor Jack comes over to check it out and chat. Last weekend, when I got the air ride done, I showed him how it worked and blew his f’ing mind. He came over a few days ago and spent about 20 minutes taking pictures and filming me playing around with it.
He had some pretty neat ideas for the bed.

He put waaaaaaaay more thought into cutting out the bed floor than I did. He showed up with these drawings right after I cut it out. I could tell he was a little bummed he missed it.
He put all the pictures and video onto a CD for me, too.

Definitely nice to have a cool old guy for a neighbor.

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,435 ·
Wheel wells gone

Cleaned up the rust and painted inside.

It’s subtle, but you can see the bedside flared out.

Still not low enough. Gonna have to body drop it. I need to get some trailer fenders to cover the rear wheels. I don’t like it being wide open like this.

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,438 ·
Not really. The bed rails are still intact, as is the crossmember at the rear. And the brackets still keep the sides from flopping around. It is a hell of a lot lighter though. Probably by almost half. Adding tubs will strengthen it back up a bit.

1421 - 1440 of 1485 Posts