S-10 Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1405 Posts

·
time to get cereal
5,076 Posts
Nah, V6 J cars had way less room under the hood and no shroud from the factory. I doubt my 2.2L needs a shroud either. Fan doesn't even kick on unless I'm sitting still for 5 minutes.

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,362 ·
Oh, I know it’ll be fine. It was fine with the old radiator and no shroud. Now I’ve got the beefier radiator, plus no inner fenders, so it’s easy breezy under there.

·
Boozebag
9,756 Posts
Quit smokin that crap...
Poor Pants won't be able to live this down...

Didn't mean to start a tsunami.

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,368 ·
Lots of little stuff to do still. Gotta clean up and loom the wiring. Probably gonna need a new throttle cable. Since the throttle body is a couple inches farther back, the cable is now at some pretty tight angles, and binds. I think I’m gonna hold off on the ignition for now. But I do need new plugs and to make the wires I bought forever ago. But tomorrow I’m gonna start on plumbing the air ride.

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,371 ·
Completely stripped the back of the truck, and spent a few hours with a wire wheel cleaning it up.

Still need to clean up the axle and power wash everything, and it’s ready for paint and reassembly. I’m reeeeeaaaaalllllly hoping to get it drivable next weekend.

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,379 ·
On today’s episode of ‘what will distract Tim from finishing bagging this damn truck’...

Finally grabbed all the rest of the interior that my truck didn’t come with. Headliner, A and B pillar trim, rear wall carpet, and a pair of very faded but fancy upholstered visors. I’ve been looking for a while, and not finding anything for 80-86 trucks. Went to a new yard this morning, knowing they had at least a few of these. None had this stuff. I think only the top of the line models got it. So I went back to my usual yard and grabbed it all out of an 87-91 truck. I knew the B pillar pieces were different, but figured they’d still work.
It wasn’t till I got home that I realized how different they were. The seatbelt tensioner in the 80-86 trucks is mounted up top, but on the floor in the newer trucks. So there’s a bulge and slot on the bottom of the newer panels. It’s mostly hidden by the seats, so I’m not worried.
What I do have to deal with is the part around my tensioners.

The new panel obviously won’t fit without much cutting. Plan is to cut out just enough to get it over the tensioner, then mount the original trim over it.

Everything obviously needs to be painted the correct color. I ordered another couple cans of SEM. I’m not sure if I want to go through the hassle of stripping this headliner and finding the right color material, or just dying it. There’s a couple really small holes, but it’s otherwise fine.
Along with all of this, I ordered new window sweeps and channel rubbers from lmc.
I just power washed the grime off the rear end and am waiting for it to dry so I can wire wheel it and slap some paint on it. I also might get around to finishing notching the front gas tank crossmember. But it’s too nice outside to be doing too much, so...

1361 - 1380 of 1405 Posts