S-10 Forum banner

921 - 940 of 962 Posts

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #925
Got the return tube on. Had to heat and bend it to clear the float arm.

Installed, FACING THE RIGHT WAY! The stock fuel line ran up the driver side frame rail, but the sending unit nipple faces the opposite direction. That’s good for me, since the new fuel line will be running up the passenger side.

And that’s as far as I got, because this stupid kit doesn’t actually come with enough fittings to do what it’s supposed to do!! I needed 4 of the -6 to 3/8 hose nipple fittings.

Kit comes with 3. The more expensive kit comes with 4. WTF Holley?!
It ends up working out, though. It’s gonna be a much nicer install if I run 90° fittings off the TBI instead of big loops of hose. So I spent another $25 for 2 90° fittings. They’ll be here Thursday. Hopefully have it up and running next weekend.

·
Boozebag
9,175 Posts
Got bags? :sneaky:
Nice deal on the new ride stuff...

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #928
Thanks, Rex. There’s a big local show the middle of April, but immediately after that (I’m literally driving from the show, back to the warehouse) I’m gonna start tearing the suspension apart. Only thing holding me back at that point will be $$.

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #929
I got the fuel system plumbed today.

After all the lines were ran, I had about a foot of extra hose. So it worked out perfectly. Now I just need to run power to the pump, install and wire the o2 and coolant temp sensors and figure out how I’m gonna mount the throttle cable. The fuel inlet fitting is right in the way of mounting it like I had it with the carb. I’ll have to come up with some sort of bracket, but it shouldn’t be hard. Famous last words...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Man, Holley Sniper kits showing up all over nowadays. I found a Youtube channel where a guy put the 2 barrel one on his '80 Pinto and is putting one on his friend's Late 70's Corolla. Nice to see you continuing with it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Most quality fittings are expensive. Nature of the beast I guess. I like Earl's fittings. Have you happened to see that turbo Chevy straight 6 they're building on Trucks?
Did you ever see "Fuel Injection Sucks" Youtube Channel? They built a turbocharged inline 4.2L 6 cylinder from a Trailblazer and put it in an old Checker Cab, built a turbo LS swapped Winnebago and are currently building a Barra swapped '77 Ford Granada with turbos. It's an interesting channel. lol

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #933
All wired up.

A lot of it is temporary, just to get it running. Which it currently won’t do. It seems like it’s not getting an rpm signal from the distributor. Everything is hooked up the way it should be, so I need to get my test light and meter and do some investigating.

·
Boozebag
9,175 Posts
Lookin' like a picture on the cover of a magazine! 🙂
Excellent
Good luck finding the problem

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #938
Have you gotten anywhere with this, stretch?
Yes and no. Got back to it last night. And what a rollercoaster ride that was. First thing I do is recheck the fuses. Main ignition fuse, which was good last time, blown. Run to the store, grab a pack, figure I’ll be up and running in no time. Nope. Cranked and cranked and cranked, and nothing. Watched the little monitor for the EFI, still no rpm signal. Checked and rechecked all my connections. Everything wired properly. Left the key on while I disconnected and reconnected all the plugs. Figured maybe it just needed a reboot. Then I smelled it. Hot electrical smell. Oh sh*t! This is not good!! Frantically searched for about 15-20 seconds, expecting to have somehow roasted my $1500 investment. Then I glance over and see smoke billowing out of the blower motor. ...ok... Unplugged it, took a minute to calm down, and went back to diagnosing. Reconnected the wire running to the dash tach, to see if I was actually getting a signal while cranking. Nothing. I’ve got power going to the coil while cranking, but no rpm output. So it seems the coil decided to die. Maybe that’s what blew the ignition fuse? I bought a cheap one to throw in just to confirm, but I’ll probably get a higher output one eventually. I’m not sure when I’m going back to work on it. I’m getting a little sick of driving 1/2 hr each way and not making any progress.

I’ll probably go back tomorrow. We all know this.

921 - 940 of 962 Posts