Boozebag
9,124 Posts
Ha ha Pants...

MO, you play bass?
Or is it a play on words...

·
Boozebag
9,124 Posts
Hmm... I still have a 1968 Fender Mustang bass (complete with racing stripes!!) A 1977 Fender Jazz bass (natural finish), a Sunn 2000B bass head and a Mesa Boogie (huge) bass cabinet.
I also have a Gibson SG, A Rickenbacker semi hollow body (sort of like Harrison's) , a few China cheapies that I modded to play well, A Pearl drum kit, a Farfisa portable organ (for that cheesy surf sound) Blah blah blah.
Wanna play?
I have a music room all set up. Only thing I don't have is a decent PA.
And guys to play with.

Sorry for the jack Pants...

39,554 Posts
Thays pretty sick. I'd love to see pictures sometime. A natural finish 77 Jazz bass is literally one of my dream basses. I already owned one of my dream basses but sadly had to let it go years ago. It was a purple translucent Zone Sonus4. I've always wanted a mapleglo Ric too.

·
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #909
I’ve never had the funds (or desire, or skills, honestly) to buy anything really nice. My first was an old Fender. I think it was an 80’s or early 90’s P bass, but I’m not sure. I just liked how it looked. After that I bought a Warwick Corvette bass, again because I liked how it looked. Had one or two others I can’t even remember. Now I’ve just got a cheap eBay special and a little Fender Rumble amp. Just collecting dust in a spare room. I never had the patience to really learn how to play well.

39,554 Posts
Sucks you guys are so far away. I like the Warwicks too. I like their Thumb bass a lot. My first bass was an Ibanez P style bass. I've had a couple pretty obnoxious full stacks but now I just have a D class Peavy Max 100 with a single 10".

·
Boozebag
9,124 Posts
I played in a few "punk" bands and several top 40 bands too.
Some of the bands I sat in on, one called "Spitfire Henderson" (named after a junior high teacher) had a bunch of original songs that could have gone on the "FM" college playlist, but no one could get it together to go to studio.
I do have several cassette tapes with crappy recordings on them... Sort of garage band quality.
Since I travel all the time, I only have a cheap Chinese 6 string with me to keep my fingers in order. I modded it with brass nut and bridge, super slinky strings, and Grover tuner pegs. I adjusted string height so now it plays amazingly well. I bought it for $25 in Saipan!
I'd give my bag to be able to play in a band again....

901 - 911 of 911 Posts