S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Flame It ALL
8,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ellie May is a white 1988 Chevy R30 Cab and Chassis with a 9' flatbed, My uncle has a black 1984 C30 C&C called he calls Jethro, so I call mine Ellie May after The Beverly Hillbillies.

The truck had been sitting in storage for at least 10 years in Northeastern Ohio and ran when parked, and after a while would not start.

The air cleaner being removed may have lead to the throttle body problems that I have had.

Being off loaded in my driveway.

And the engine after sitting.

·
Flame It ALL
8,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HA! Most of my income goes too Student Loans right now.

·
Going to space
4,115 Posts
Join the club. Im content with having a low amount in the bank but a lot in my trucks haha.

·
Flame It ALL
8,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been a member for a while now! In about 6 months I'll get really serious about looking for an engine. I wouldn't mind running a VE pump engine as long as it was intercooled.

·
Going to space
4,115 Posts
They are cheaper and east to find. Do a HM trans behind it. Those old dodge ones were terrible

·
Flame It ALL
8,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to go manual, probably NV4500 and NOT a G360

·
Going to space
4,115 Posts
That was supposed to be GM not HM. Dumbphone problems.

A NV4500 would be a great trans. Earlier dodge trans really sucked.

·
Going to space
4,115 Posts
On the first Gen Cummins. The 5 speed manuals could randomly have a certain pin loosen up and grenade the entire trans. Not very likely but not uncommon. And Chrysler has never been known for its autos.

·
Flame It ALL
8,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Getrag G360 trans was the manual used in the first gen Cummins Ram is known to be crap.

I disagree on Chrysler not having a good auto, the Torqueflite 727 is a pretty strong trans.

When you typoed HM I thought you meant Hydromatic like a TH400 or 4L80

·
Going to space
4,115 Posts
From what I have heard from first Gen Cummins owners it's not a very common problem but the 5 speed at junk. For once ya want a auto from dodge.

·
Flame It ALL
8,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe I'll just run a SM465 and a Brownie box, Or if I can get my hands on a Eaton Roadranger from a medium duty truck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
3 Participants
Turbotyler
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing