S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 15 years old and worked very hard to pay off my truck..Here is the history of it.
My grandpa bought this truck in 95, Never drove it in the winter and only drove it around town during the summer. He decided he needed a 4WD truck, So he sold it to my dad, And he used it for a DD. Then my dad decided he wanted a car that gets 30+ MPG, Well he set it out by the road. At this time i was working, And decided to save up for the truck. Well i bought it in 2002 for $3K (Family discount) With 60K miles on it! This is was spotless! This is what it looked like when i bought it:

It was all stock, Except the ARE hard cover.
I bought some Euros, But then relized that they looked like ass, And threw my Stockers back on. Then i bought a JVC CD player and installed it. By time this happend i started to get hooked on Modifying my truck, But just lost my job. So money was very tight. I removed the trim and this is what it looked like after that:

And with the 4.3 Power, You have to have fun :)

I then bought some 20's, Here they are mocked up on my truck:

Did some work in the interior, Looks pink in the pics, But it is red!

This is the first time it has ever seen snow, But Still hasnt seen salt!:p

Bought a 350 from my friend, And it will go in next winter:

I just started buying bag parts to bag my truck I have SD 3-link, SD Shock relocators, SD front cups, 2B6 front bags, All fittings and airline, AVS switchbox, Fill and dump controls and a Check valve. I am buying it little by little and hopefully be done by June:

The 3-link
And i new have a Audiobahn sub and Pioneer amp:

Finally got the balls to do some bondo work:

And got bored today, Bought some Grand prix rims also:

I have a GM rollpan on order, Working on shaving my old front bumper, And am going to shave a bunch of other stuff on my truck, Then going flat black. Then baggin it and layin out on twentys. Keep looking in here for updates!

·
Banned
9,778 Posts
nice job man

·
Registered
12,215 Posts
You got a lot of stuff done for only being 15

Bought the truck, 20's + grand am wheels. Bag parts with 3 link, pioneer amp & audio bahn sub..

Spending all your money on this?

lol @ your age, all I cared about was my r/c cars.. Untill I got my S10 at 16 years old..

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dang people am i doing a crappy job or what? No comments at all.
Anyways i cant wait to bag my truck..but until then i am doing small free stuff here and there.
I took off the rear bumper, 3 holes on EACH side! So i am doing that next weekend. And the bumper should be done by sunday. LEt me know what you think!, And i mean it!:p

·
1,139 Posts
lol I think your headliner made me go blind for sec, truck looks good,
def. get rid of that rear bumper, and the bondo weld job looks good..are
you going to repaint the whole truck a different color or just match the existing
color?....

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Painting it this weekend, Getting the paint tommarow. I want to go with some kind of bright red.
Also got my bag parts:

AVS Switch box
3-link
Fittings
1/2in airline
check valve
Firestone 2600's
Shock relocators
Front cups and plates
Guages

Rear taillights, Got bored.

Removed bed

If it doesnt rain this weekend, It will be painted.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Me tryin to get the damn bolt out!

Cant wait to replace this with the 3-link!

Me sanding my truck

All the parts sanded down

Front bumper, in primer. That is flash!

Hood squirters-gone

Antenna- gone
Paint will start to be layed tommarow!

·
Inferno Fab
4,441 Posts
That's looking good! You sure gare doing quite a bit at the age of 15. When do you turn 16? When is your planned date of completion?

·
Draggin a Ranger now
464 Posts
Looks good! Wish i had something like this at 15, hell I had a 1990 Cavalier that'd been driven hard more then a few times!! Keep us posted!

-Mike

·
Give me 3 yrs...
6,526 Posts
looks damn good dude, ya i remember when i got hookd modifyn my vehicles my first car was a 91 saturn and it must have been the loudest saturn ever created lol this thing rattled so bad u could hear it from 4 or 5 blocks away with my system pounding, damn i was an annoying lil punk

·
Registered
33 Posts
You want a comment?
Here goes: Good Work Kid! I'd like to see you living near me. All the 15/16 year old kids around here are trouble makers. Looks like you're putting your time into something productive. Your work looks good from here. No matter how much you might feel like criticizing your work, remember, you're actually doing it. It looks good and keep those pics coming.
Tom

·
PUNISHING GROUNDS
3,350 Posts
Looks real good. Ur doin a great job for it bein the first time. Major prop for u taking the chance and doin it urself. Nice work, keep it up!

·
NVRBDUN
917 Posts
Oh yeah. I agree with everyone. You are doing an awesome job. My 15yr old son and I are doing all the work on our truck. He does bodywork, painting and more. It's good to see other kids interested in something more than tv and video games.

Keep up the great work and get that thing done so we can see pics.. LOL...

1 - 20 of 110 Posts