1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Accent, what accent
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
F**K STOCK
830 Posts
hell yeah man, its looking good. whats it goin in?

·
Accent, what accent
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speed Pro flat tops. comp 415 cam. HS roller rockers. high volume oil pump. dbl roller timing set. 96+ heads P/P. 2400 stall converter when the other engine comes out. exhaust was done some time ago so thats not a problem. the compression should be more like 10.5 :1 when done.
quite a few of the Jersey guys know my truck. this time it will be done the way I should have done it 5 yrs ago, hence the name of the project.

·
Bondo Sniffer
317 Posts
you got too many rockers....

·
Accent, what accent
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dc395 said:
you got too many rockers....
the set is for a V8. I only need 12:eek:
AV Tekk
hah its been long enough..git er dun!
I know. I'm running out of $$$$. :rolleyes:

·
Accent, what accent
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
up date

engine is complete. there are some more pics in the gallery now. have to go pat for it and get it put in the truck. then its on to the tuning phase , that should prove to be fun.can't wait to hear what it will sound like.

·
Accent, what accent
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Project "Do over" UPDATE

well this is taking forever.
I called Eric today to see how things are progressing. the truck has been fired up and he is now doing some tuning so I hope to see my truck back in a week or so. he had a problem w/exhaust, seem there was a crack in my headers said it was on the bottom. guess I'll see/find where it was when I see him.
new torque converter is in and the trani checked out good and he is waiting on my fuel pump right now.
cant' wait to see and hear it much less drive it home. the suspense is killing me. :burnout:
then its on to the brakes..............ABS delete, F body front and manual wheel cylinders for the rear. will have to look at other options too see what would be the most cost effective. Dave any thoughts?

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
you just want to take out the abs or improve the braking all around? this shit is takin way too long man

·
Accent, what accent
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AVTekk said:
you just want to take out the abs or improve the braking all around? this shit is takin way too long man
tell me about it. I want to do both. would like to talk to you about it. have some things in mind. will give you a call or drop by the shop after I get my truck back. or maybe see you at a meet. :rotf:

·
Accent, what accent
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK fellas been a while sice I've posted here so now for some updates.
so I guess its about time for an up date
have had the truck since december and haven't done a damn thing until a few weeks ago, its was way too cold to work on the truck. got in some data logging and wasn't too sure what to make of it. sent it to Teel to see what his thoughts were on it. said I was running lean and I'm thinking how is that possible w/350 injectors.I was having idle and bogging problems. turns out a few things were a miss.
1st - the place where I had the engine installed set the idle w/engine stone cold so when it came up to operating temp it would idle at 1500+ R's.
now set to @750-850R's
2nd - being the scatter brain I can be sometimes I had installed the wrong injectors in the TBI WTF was I thinking.
now have the right injectors in
3rd - I have been thingking of ditching my Jacobs ignition.........bad Idea right now. I've been running the almost stock ignition(MSD blaster coil)for now and still felt it was lacking.
today I warm it up didn't take along as it was 80* here today and decide to hook up the Jacobs. the truck seemed to have a little more off the line. now I figure what the hell lets go play a little. I don't ever remember doing that easily before, I'm thinkin' this is great, lets go get the 'puter and do some logging.well that didn't work out too well it seems that one of my power lines went south.
some of you know me and wires once I start you never know where its going to end. fast fwd 6 hrs the battery,tray,grille, ignition are all off/out of the truck rewireing everything that runs to the battery and putting in new much bigger grounds.may also clean and paint the battery tray. in addition I'm goint to rewire the head lights and my aux lights all relayed to the battery. should have done this yrs ago.dry fitted the push/brush bar and drive lights, pulled both bumpers and grill. relocated my trani oil cooler on to the radiator core suport(no more zip ties)w/3/4 box aluminum and stainless hardware. did some of the wiring for the amps. need to get my 10's in the box still . and if this miserable sh!tty wheather would clear up I might just get some paint done. oh ordered my fender flares today too.$$$ it was those or more lights and I can never have enough light.
pics here
will post more pics on that page as things progress.
well the amps are done and sounds freakin' great. cleaned up the wiring crap under the dash. bumper and grill are now painted not too happy w/it though. brakes done. will have to farm out the rear bumper to get finished.
both bumpers are done now grille is looking like I want finally. new pics on the link above.

·
Accent, what accent
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
resurrect

well its been a while since I posted anything here.
just thought I would post what has been doing w/truck.
had it out a few weeks ago to stretch it legs and locked up the pass. caliper. hey whats that burning smell,better stop and make sure I'm not on fire. three hrs later for the tow b/c AAA sent a truck from 30 miles to do a 3 mile tow. now the truck is laid up until I fix it or do the 98+ dual piston up grade.
I've also acquired a few things too, front & rear Belltech sway bars, 98 Bravada disk brake rear w/3.73 and G80,set of stock first gen aluminum 5 spoke rims, 2 front doors and 2 front quarters.
I got tired of smelling gas since it was running so rich I thought i would see what the other sets of injectors would yield. I put the original 4.3 set in and did an idle data log. it kept stalling when I put into gear and was running really lean. took some time to find the set of 305 's I had bought new for the first build. I think all the info on the flow rated for these is wrong based on what these logged. I think the correct flow rates are 40 lbs/hr for the 4.3 and 45 lbs/hr for the 305's. these ran slightly rich and right where I wanted them giving it a little gas at idle.
need to get brakes fixed so I can play,also need a better FP gauge not too sure about that min Summit one I have in there. seems to move around a lot 15.5 then 12 seems a little goofy.

·
Accent, what accent
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well its been a while since I posted here but life has been busy.
had the rims I got stripped and bead blasted by one of the guys at work. found wheel enamel in a color I could live w/ and I bought tires for them too.
the wheels are going to be graphite w/black in the triangles and the same red as my bowtie on the Blazer in the 4x4.
here is a few pics not quite done yet.

·
Accent, what accent
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
here is the first one complete. thought it would look different, think I'm going to loose the black though.
thoughts.

·
Flame It ALL
8,853 Posts
Holy old project, good to see you haven't given up!

·
Accent, what accent
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah you know how it is.
more to come mostly cosmetic and suspension work.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts