S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Low Class Minis©
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious to see some pics of the pedal area, im considering going to the doors with a traditional and stock floor combo. i got long ass legs and size 11 feet i likes plenty of room!!! lol but im willing to sacrifice a bit

·
Low Class Minis©
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nearly 100 views and none of yous gots pics of your floor come on ...lol

·
Low Class Minis©
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just wanna see about how much room there is not how the floor is done.. like pics of pedal to dash clearance and what not... like i said i got size 11 shoes and long ass legs so if i go traditional i dont wanna be kicking everything and cramped in there...

·
Since Way Back
337 Posts
Mines tight but I wear a size 12 and my tubs were mocked up with 10 inch wide wheels. Its tight but im used to it now.

·
Low Class Minis©
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im starting my body drop tomorrow ... not too sure on where to make the firewall cut??? the sides and back of the cab are pretty well covered on here so i gotta good idea.. this will be the first cab i have ever personally done a traditional drop on.. i have done a few stock floors... im also thinking of moving the cab back about an inch, but cant decide on sectioning the floor by taking some off the front near the firewall and adding a strip in to mate the back of the cab back up without leaving a step or ledge on the inside... or just moving the body mounts back??? i could definitly use the fire wall clearance by moving the cab back my distributor and bellhousing are right on the firewall!!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts

Here's a pic of where the pedals were in relation to the floor after the cab was dropped but I ended up shortening them a bit so they were closer to stock. I slid my cab back .75" when I traditional bd mine I just trimmed the firewall back and used angle iron to connectb the back wall to the floor.

·
Low Class Minis©
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool thanks for the pic.. i dont have a clutch or emergency brake pedal do i will have some foot room.. i started cutting the bed allready.. im about to set it down and get it lined back up... im definitely gonna try to slide the cab back and angle the sides..

·
Low Class Minis©
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got the bed completely cut out!!!

·
Low Class Minis©
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea neither is my driveway lol.. but im gonna measure everything a bajillion times ... when i do the cab im gonna weld box tubing under the fame and set the cab down on it... then put the bed back on matching up the body lines and stuff.

·
Low Class Minis©
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was gonna start a body drop thread but i guess ill just keep using this one maybe an admin can change the name of the thread to "95 ext TBD" or something....

heres how far i got today might do a little bit more... i am using djleighk15's thread as a guide...

·
Low Class Minis©
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so i got everything cut in the cat minus the firewall.. i started to take my dash out but i was loosing daylight so its barely hanging in there... tomorrow i should have it out first thing and will be starting on the firewall.. not too bad for on days worth of work (gutted interior, cut the bed, cut 3/4 of the cab) i think ill be starting my filler plates for the cab by tomorrow afternoon....

·
Low Class Minis©
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i got the cab finally cut all the way out!!! got its set down and slid back about an inch... it centered the wheels great in the front.. but i am running into a few problems with distrubutor clearance still and my wheel tubs arent tall enough just as the suspension bottoms out the tire sets against the tub.. so ill be cutting them a little more.. heres the pics from today so far.

·
Low Class Minis©
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
started my fillers well atleast cutting them out in cardboard first.. i got everyhting lined up pretty nice.. but its been raining off and on so its been kinda hard to get stuff done today!!

·
Low Class Minis©
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
working between rain showers so the pace is slow...

·
Low Class Minis©
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it started raining again so heres another update while im inside..lol.. the drivers side is about 75-80 percent tacked in

·
Low Class Minis©
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i got the entire drivers side tacked in from the firewall to the back of the cab.,, and got started on the passenger side.. it took a total of 12 fillers for the drivers side...i threw the dirvers seat in for a minute jsut to check head room and leg room.. granted the dash and column werent in but everything seemed pretty damn good.. so heres the pics

·
Low Class Minis©
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Low Class Minis©
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i finished up the passenger side today despite the sproaratic rain again .. and i ran out of mig wire just as i finished up so.. all thats left is the firewall, the back of the cab, the bed and lowering the radiator support... sounds like alot but all the hard stuff is done... cant believe i got it on the rockers in 5 days!!!!! im going to end up pulling my motor back out just to pull the opil pan off... its a 7 qt and it hangs below the frame .. so the front doesnt lay all the way out (about an inch away) so im going to have to section it or put a different pan on there..

Thingking about putting my battery in the corner where the fold down seat was \/\/\/\/

1 - 20 of 154 Posts