S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's,
So I've been lingering around on the forum's a little but for that past couple months, taking in information and ideas for my truck. Speaking of which, is an 03 S10 Xtreme with thee Xtremely slow 2.2L mated with a 5 speed. Bought it used with a tad under 40,000 miles on it, previous owner took great care of it. Since I purchased it I've put around 7,000 miles on it and have enjoyed it quite a bit.

That's a picture of it this summer when I bought it after a nice wash and fresh wax job, looking quite sexy! Unfortunately, my parents brought my winter beater in for cash for clunkers, so I sadly had to introduce the Xtreme to the snowy, salty, and sandy roads of Maine...and it kills me everyday. So this has become my daily driver and I will probably drive straight through college, I am a senior in high school at the moment.

The truck is all stock, spare a few external modifications...what isn't shown in the picture is my truck since I installed a set of clear corner lights, painted the grille emblem silver to match my stripes, and installed a Leer fiberglass tonneau cover that I snagged off of craigslist which is currently champagne but will soon be painted victory red to match the truck. I also have a set of SS mirrors sitting in my room waiting for paint and to be bolted on my truck...

I have no plans to modify the 2.2 yet, I have read all the performance and how-to's and what not...however I am interested in doing an engine swap potentially this summer if not then next summer...I have been considering a few options, but the one that is really sticking out to me at the moment is the ecotec swap. For reasons I won't get into at the moment.

I will be sure to post pics up of anything that I change on my truck though its transformation and will be sure to post pics of it in its current state as soon as I get a nice day where I can give her a good wash without the water freezing as soon as it hits my truck. lol

·
Registered
538 Posts
Sounds like you have some great plans for it man, hope that all goes well.

I noticed your X has the stripes going onto the roof also... nice.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So winters still going, don't have any good pics of the truck as is yet, I'll get em posted soon enough though!

I was cleaning my interior last week and was knocking the sand and dirt out of my floor mats and I punched a hole straight through the drivers side floor mat...so I went online and ordered a new set of Lloyd floor mats in black, with the Xtreme logo imbroidered in red, they're pretty fricken slick, gonna save them until the summer though, so they don't get all cruddy from this winter weather.

Sorry this pics a little blurry...

·
Out dubbin' bbl
1,089 Posts
shiny truck

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, not so shiny right now with this winter weather. lol I did give her a wash and wax about 3 weeks ago when we had some nice clear weather, doesn't really help that I have a dirt driveway either :rolleyes:.

But I said I would get some pics of the truck up as is. Keep in mind it is winter and she's a little dirty. I bolted up my SS mirrors last weekend, there gonna get painted to match the truck once the weather warms up a little bit. Shes also got the winter wheels and tires on her.

So theres how she sits now. Next on the project list is...
- Paint tonneau cover victory red
- Paint SS mirrors victory red
- 2" drop spindles up front
- 2" drop blocks out back

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Little update, my Belltech 2" drop spindles and 2" drop blocks came in the mail today, should be installing them next weekend. Pumped to bring this thing lower to the ground. Also thinking about picking up some brake paint and painting the calipers red, still up in the air about it though. Also put the alloys back on.

·
Certified MASShole
4,372 Posts
Id say if you were gonna paint em at all id do black. Its gonna look weird when you have drums out back you know?

·
Out dubbin' bbl
1,089 Posts
Id say if you were gonna paint em at all id do black. Its gonna look weird when you have drums out back you know?
i did silver a long time ago and it looked great with the zq8;s on it.

·
forever unfinished
2,819 Posts
were did you pick the floor mats up at and about what did they run? i found a set one time for $80 but when i called they sad they stopped making them

and looks good man

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They ran me like $80 shipped ground from autoanything.com...

Just go to there site, punch in your vehicle and then go to the floor mats section and select Lloyd Mats and its the ones that start at like $60ish then you can choose color and what not and add the logo for like $20...came out wicked nice, and they come with a list of who contributed to making the mats...George Washington packaged my mats for shipping! lol

·
forever unfinished
2,819 Posts
ha ha cool man i just broke down and get a new set of gm ones because mine has some crappy lookin spots on them. but i am going to look into the ones you got.

·
Certified MASShole
4,372 Posts
Again man that thing looks awesome. I would be saving my pennies for some 18x8 and 18x9.5 boss 338's in silver they would look killer on there!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alright update time!

Finished painting the tonneau cover, just finished getting it buffed out and layed a coat of wax down. No pics on the truck yet, waiting for some other parts to finish drying figured while I had it off the truck I could pull all the other parts off and repaint and clean em up.

So here are some pics...

Cap prepped and taped off, awaiting primer...

Primed and getting its first coat of color (my dad on the paint gun)

Color coats finished, awaiting clear coat...

And bam, done all wetsanded, buffed out and with a fresh coat of wax...

attention to details!...
polished up the bed mounting brackets and clear coated to keep them looking shiny!

Gave the cable locks a quick polish as well, the little things count! One polished and one not polished so you can see the difference...

Will post pics of it on the truck most likely tomorrow.

·
C-130 Crew Dog
612 Posts
looks good. keep em comeing. what are you putting under the edges of the cover to keep it from messing up the paint on your bed?

1 - 20 of 219 Posts