S-10 Forum banner
321 - 333 of 333 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
Got everything back together but the y pipe and driveshaft. The rain started up and I left it at that. Tried to start but the battery was dead and my jump box was about dead. Fuel pump was coming on, but not real strong. Maybe it will fire off tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #322 ·
Put a new battery in, driveshaft in, and no start. Threw a code p0336 and P0339. Looked at the crankshaft position sensor plug and it looked ok. It has the same sensor that the PO of the engine I bought and installed had put in. Not sure if something happened to it when he pulled the motor. I have a good one in my old motor I will swap tomorrow if I get a chance. We started piping and pulling wire in the shop also. Cleared out the front seat of the truck for the first time in almost 2 years. It became a storage spot of swap parts.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
Finally, it has moved to a different spot! Exhaust nuts should he here today for the y pipe. 1 of the things I didn't think of to pickup. Oil pressure is real high. It is the stock pump with 110k miles. Old motor was the same way. I think the gauge may be off. Need to confirm with the scanner.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #324 ·
I like surprises, but not when working on my truck. If you have ever looked up a 1997 4.3 y pipe you know you can not buy one. Found on here that a 98 y pipe should work. Well it will, but not exactly. Kinda short and has a weird angle to it. I threw my old pipe away months ago because I though the 98 pipe would work. The entire exhaust has been cobbed together over time by whoever. I though maybe just buy a 98 converter assembly but price isn't cheap. Oh well, off to market place or CL to find a y pipe.

·
Been there Done it
12,461 Posts
Your using this exhaust behind LSA heads? I'd think to reap the benefit of the heads you'd have at least mid length headers?

Reactions: goes2fast

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
Your using this exhaust behind LSA heads? I'd think to reap the benefit of the heads you'd have at least mid length headers?
No, this is still the 4.3 I swapped back in. I have all Holley swap parts for when I put the 6.0/LSA blower in. LS swap will come later on. In a couple years, I won't have to worry about inspections so it will be all good then.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #327 ·
Well, still looking for a factory y pipe. They are like hens teeth. Had a few leads but the trucks either got sold or the y pipe was cut up when they pulled the motor. My oldest boy told me he wanted the S10 when he started driving which has put me at a cross road. He just turned 12 so he has 4 years before he could start driving. I'm really not feeling an LS swap'd S10 for a 16 year old. :( .I am happy he likes it though. Not many S10's rolling around here so I need to make him cool!!

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #331 · (Edited)
520 am . Wake up
650 am. Pick up Coworker
705 am. Grab breakfast
820 am. Arrive at the LKQ yard
830 am. Find the truck!!!
835 am. Find that the cat was cut off and they took part of the flange.... no biggie I'll make it work.
845 am. Wasp start to get pissed I was making some noise and start to depart from the truck. Grabbed the tilt/cruise column from the truck. Get the air bag and steering wheel off since they charge extra.
900 am. Back under the truck and start to get the y pipe off. Finally!! I can get the truck inspected and back on the road.
910 am. Remove the drivers side flange nuts and the passenger side falls down also. Cool must not of had and nuts on it.
920 am. Cut the O2 sensor wires . Y pipe flange was broken off. Oh well I'm rolling with it. Pay for my stuff $54 for the column and pipe.

We walked the yard after I put all my tools back in the truck. It was blazing hot outside so we left. I guess I would call it successful.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #332 ·
I'm gonna guess maybe the motor mounts were broken for a while and the pipe was flexing is why it broke.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #333 ·
Still waiting to get a chance to fab up some more on the y pipe. I think I will cut off the flat flange from the '98 y pipe. Still hoping a y pipe might pop up local and I can just grab it. Still every one I find seems to be 4+ hours away.

321 - 333 of 333 Posts