S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got 3 trucks for free... 2 rangers and 1 s-10. all 3 are the 1st generation of the trucks. a family friend bought them as disposable farm trucks. the only things wrong with the s-10 (that we know of) is, dead battery, no alternator, no serpentine belt, and needs tires (i'll probably get wheels too because I don't care too much for the stock steelies) also needs a new steering wheel because mother nature has not been kind to the original (melted and decaying) so i'm gonna get a chain wheel. truck is an 82 (I think) and is a white extended cab truck. i'm gonna paint the rockers red and the hood and roof a royal blue color. also might name it "the patriot" Tell me if you have a cheap alternator and maybe some wheels and tires that are good. also tell me what you think I should name it and what you think of this style truck.

·
time to get cereal
2,607 Posts
Welcome. It will be easier for us to help you with parts if you specify the engine/transmission and drive type (2wd, 4wd).

·
time to get cereal
2,607 Posts
My dad had one on his 85 C10. Loved that thing as a kid, can't stand it now. It still hangs in his basement.

·
Been there Done it
8,167 Posts
Can't image grabbing a cold piece of steel when it -20°.
Remember the old stick your tongue on a flag pole trick. Same thing.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Junkyards, Craigslist, car-part.com, ebay are your best bets. God forbid you should get into an accident have fun eating that chain steering wheel.
my buddy said the exact same thing about the wheel. I almost bought a 60s cadillac wheel for it but the guy wanted $40 and I'm broke so I passed it up. I did, however buy a stack off of a 90s mack or something like that and a book on s10 repair

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The stack and book...probably Chiltons, would have paid for a real steering wheel.
yea but I'm flat broke. might go to bruce's or get a custom wheel but I'll probably go with the chain because I love the look. will you make it through tech to go drag racing if you have a chain wheel?

·
Administrator
23,042 Posts
You wouldn't be broke if you didn't make poor purchase decisions...ie: stack and book....and now you want to go racing??

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You wouldn't be broke if you didn't make poor purchase decisions...ie: stack and book....and now you want to go racing??
look buddy, I started this strand to get parts, opinions, a little bit of money maybe, and maybe even friends in the process. not to get my DAMN LIFESTYLE BASHED BY A FUCKING LOSER WHO HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO!!
So **** off or keep your asshole opinions to yourself. BTW: the stack was 10 dollars and the book was 2, so I suggest you get facts before forming opinions about someone. So, Rhotpursuit, think a little harder next time before you go judging someone. Thank you.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and yes I want to go racing. It is a nice escape from my shitty reality of a life. now, answer questions first, judge later please

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.