S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
1988 S15 Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I just bought this Blue 1988 GMC S15 from jtcfanof3 (forum name) and he previously had a thread for it and its name was NESSY. Well Im here to change it up with her a little bit. Plans? Still not sure, but have been thinking bagged and bodydropped to rocker or door with ls1 under stock hood. Currently it is a 2.5 manual and short term is to get that up and running for the time being. But as for now i just got some wheels for her... so enjoy

After she was pulled up after 6 years of sitting

Again

And Again

Cleaned up A little more with some new wheels:)

Not much rust at all... cab corners looking good on both sides

Body is really straight. I counted 4-5 dents not counting the top of the bed rails

3 pc. grill isn't my style... soon to be early 90s noma grill

Seems she found a tool box for free:haha:. Bumpers need to be replaced also.

Old Tailgate

New Taigate

Old rims

Engine compartment... Ya its got a few leaves

They are everywhere in here

Door panel... I am really diggin the Blue

Interior... needs some cleaning

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
WOW looks good man,she cleaned up nicely,sadly I didnt have enough room too keep her and do everything else I wanted to do too the 91Noma.I wish Id of been able too keep her,its almost impossiable too find that rust free of a S-Series here in the midwest!!!!
I think sitting for about 6 yrs is what has kept the cab corners in as good a shape as they are.
Nope she sat with the hood closed and doors shut for all those years,I know I passed her everyday on my way too work,its just all the wind blowing and leaves fly everywhere,should have seen the mice running out of the exhaust after we fired her up the first time!!!!
Im just happy too see she will get the treatment she has deserved from sitting for sooo many years forgotten.
I am subscribing and will enjoy watching the transformation.
Good Luck man and have fun!!!!!!!!!!
*Subscribes*:popcorn:

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
lol mice in the exhaust.

Truck looks good for sitting so long. I want a first gen bad also. There is one right down the road for 800 bucks.

·
Registered
634 Posts
looks hot man, where did ya get them wheels?? :D

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
pewter_dime_99 said:
looks hot man, where did ya get them wheels?? :D
Did he get the swirlies from you I gather?
Gonna be at the next TMS Club meeting Pewter?
If you look close,on the drivers side,back by the tail light,I started too buff the paint out one day while I was bored,the paint its self is not even in that bad of shape,I guess all that tree moss preserved it :)

·
Registered
634 Posts
yeah, they were mine. that was me there at jareds the day your dropped the truck off. i'm gonna try to make it to the meeting man, i heard it was up in tuscola, so that makes it hella eaiser to find. So i should be up, see what your all about and all.

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
pewter_dime_99 said:
yeah, they were mine. that was me there at jareds the day your dropped the truck off. i'm gonna try to make it to the meeting man, i heard it was up in tuscola, so that makes it hella eaiser to find. So i should be up, see what your all about and all.
Oh ya,kool,didnt even recognize ya,actually have no idea what you look like but.......Ok.
I recognize your truck now though,no rear bumper/rollpan.
Wow you guys are friends,you drove quite aways too see his new project! LOL.
Hmmmm easiest way too explain us/our club
is:
Were just people who are "Car" enthusiasts,simple way too explain it,so far 95% of us are S-Series owners,but a couple guys dont have any S-10's but were not a S-Series club only so........
We just hang out and talk cars and right now the club is expanding/growing and moving up in the world basically.We help each other out with the trucks and Etc.. We are trying too organize things after a split they had a year or so ago with some members from Springfield,if you come too the next meeting Shawn will fill you in,I just hope Andrew brings "25Cent" with him again!!!
Hey if you need help finding your way too the meeting just LMK man,I can lead the way for ya.
BTW,if Jared or anyone from down south there wants too join its kool,you will just have too drive a bit too get up here,but spyonyou(Andrew) lives in Canton which is by Peoria and he drives so.......
You gonna help him work on the Ol 88?
I still wish I would been able too keep that truck,it urks me everyday since I dropped it off,freaking straight truck!!!
Grrrrr I need a bigger garage!!!!

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
wow, u wont find rust free projects like that in alaska.

·
1988 S15 Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Updates... Tonight we changed oil and fuel filter... still needs fuel pump (which i can get under $40) and coolant. It pretty much has power nothing, and doesnt have a/c. When it gets running i want to weight it and hopefuelly it will be around 3000 lbs :). I also wiped off one side of the bed good then used some cleaner wax, took the dead paint right off and it looks really nice. I will have more pics in the next few days.

·
1988 S15 Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pics as I promised.

Got rid of the leaves (mostly)

Cleaned out some junk in the interior and wiped it down a little bit

Cleaned out the bed

The good stuff

Hmmm seems it has some metallic sparkles in it

Cleaned the windsheild

I wiped part of the hood down with a wet rag... but only waxed to the line in the hood

Still some dead paint over the line

Much smoooooother and nicer now.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts