S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, Project Black Truck is officially dead! I have a buddy from high school that works as a car dealer and he knew I was looking for a s-10, extended cab, v-6 truck and called me last weds, they got one in and I went to look at it. I traded my 2000 4-Banger extended cab for a 2002 ZQ8 extended cab with a 4.3.

Needs a set of tires, but they will be here weds or thurs, it already has the 2-3 drop (ZQ8) and V6, so I am money ahead. The truck has 110,000 miles on it (the black truck had 164,000), but the motor only has 50,000 on it. The service records show a new engine at around 60,000 miles, someone did an oil change and forgot to pour oil back in it, oops!

All the things I was planning on doing are done, for the most part. I am going to add 1" drop blocks to the rear with the JTR shim kit to correct the shim angle and maybe some engine work.

Tax season will grant me a posi for the rear end, a spray in bedliner and maybe a cowl hood.
So here she is, in all her glory, sorry for the night pics, will post some more tomorrow if I get a chance...

·
LS1 powa!
2,215 Posts
It already has a "posi" in it, technically a locker, if its a ZQ8. Although I read that they are weak if you abuse them, so maybe thats why you are changing it out.
Truck looks clean too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts