S-10 Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Nightmare
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Well, as winter closes in I'm going to start working a lot of overtime to pay for more car parts to install in the spring. now that everything on the truck is good with just small things to fix. I'm finally looking at some decent upgrades for performance.

Mainly I think I'm going to do a Summit 8720 cam since it's WAY cheaper than the others I was looking at and looks like it should make some decent power.
along with that I want to do LS7 lifters, new pushrods and trunnion upgrade while I have the top end apart.

Thinking about doing 19" camaro SS wheels, to save a little on tires since I still have two new 19s from my black truck and I'm also looking at swapping out the rearend with one from a 2nd gen blazer because it's wider and will save me having to buy another set of spacers, has disk brakes already and I'd like to find one with 3.73 gears so I don't have to buy an aftermarket set. since it's just a daily and I don't expect to more more than 400hp at the crank stock parts should be just fine.

After I get wheels big enough, I will eventually do the CTSV brake swap on the front.

So expect to see that stuff happening early/mid 2020, who know maybe after 8½ years I'll finally get a fulltime bid at work and I can push this along much faster.

·
Nightmare
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Found a decent set of the wheels I wanted, $320 and a tank of gas to go pick them up. Gonna reuse the two htr z iii from my black truck and just need to buy two new tires.

Already have a 2001 4wd blazer rearend lined up for free, that way I get disk brakes and it's wide enough I don't need another pair of spacers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Old Fart
3,224 Posts
IMO Wheels don’t look good on S10’s without some level of dish to them...IDK
I feel that way about 2nd gens but they don't look bad on a slab-sided first gen. 😂

·
Nightmare
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
IMO Wheels don’t look good on S10’s without some level of dish to them...IDK
Negative offset wheels in 19" are kinda hard to find that don't cost an arm and a leg...
The fikse set that I really liked were $1499 per wheel.
But even the sy/ty came with wheels that had a flush face

Just a personal preference kinda thing though.

·
Nightmare
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
The rears with the 1.5 spacer looks like a perfect fit with the stock tires, but the fronts with the 1.5 pole out a little too far. So to keep the tires tucked in the rear I'll probably get a full set of 1.25

On the ground at the current ride height the fronts hit the back of the arch, clear the front, top and inside, so front tires will probably be 245/40 with the 275/40 rears.

·
Boozebag
9,142 Posts
Wheels look fine...
Window stickers?

·
Nightmare
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Thee Sonoma has officially been parked and is getting historical tags next month, doing the cam, body work, ac and everything else will be much easier because I finally bought a new daily driver before Christmas
DSC_5661.jpg
DSC_5664.jpg

·
Registered
214 Posts
Oh boy that dime has mucho potential .

·
Boozebag
9,142 Posts
Excellent choice... Too bad it's going to see winter.
I bet these Pontiax increase in value...
Or should I say Holdens...

·
Nightmare
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Excellent choice... Too bad it's going to see winter.
I bet these Pontiax increase in value...
Or should I say Holdens...
119k it's seen a few winters I'm sure has zero rust aside from light surface rust on the subframes, which is normal from what I've seen...as for pice increasing?
Nahh they are still falling, now the gxp m6 G8 are going for 50k but the GTs are between 7-16 depending on condition/options. They weren't really rare or special, just a niche thing that didn't grab the market like the chargers.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts