S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here it is..MY baggin project thread...Always wanted one of these. ;D
I'm hoping it will be on air august 4th at Eric's (2001xblazer) house.
Most of you guys know my truck..

I'm running some cheap 2b6's with SD bag cups (Got a very good deal-They will be replaced this winter.)

And yes..I need to paint the cups.
Then i bought 2 viair 450s-Filters and rebuild kits are on its way. xtrmlow is going to rebuild them..

Switch box and water traps

My fittings..switches..grommets and all that crap

Wire loom,in line fuses,compressor wire

Teflon tape,blue thread locker and etc

Alright..And the rest i will be getting from richie..
1 Duel guage
50ft 1/8in airline
50ft 1/2in airline
110/145 pressure switch
relays
4 3/8in valves
8port 6gal tank
So....Does it look like I'm forgetting anything? I don't want to run to the store 100times when we are trying to get this thing done.
Let me know what you think!

·
SLASH - S.I.C. St. Louis
2,440 Posts
typical airlifts
Teflon tape,blue thread locker and etc
Warning Will Robinson, Warning... do not use the blue threadlocker on your fittings. Is that red thing red thread sealer? If not, I'd suggest some Red Loctite 545 or 569

Alright..And the rest i will be getting from richie..
1 Duel guage
50ft 1/8in airline
50ft 1/2in airline
110/145 pressure switch
relays
4 3/8in valves
8port 6gal tank
So....Does it look like I'm forgetting anything? I don't want to run to the store 100times when we are trying to get this thing done.
Let me know what you think!
post up what fittings you do have and show us a diagram of how your fittings, valves, tanks, etc will be mounted

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
-xtrmlow is one of my good friends, and he has rebuilt V450s before. I trust him more than i trust myself.
-Yea the airlifts arnt perfect, but im changing them out this winter for slams
-And you dont recommend blue threadlocker? Ill have to return it and get the red loctight.
-Ive never drove or even touched a bagged truck. One of my friends helped me with the fittings and told me what to order. I am running the tank in the bed with the valves right off the tank. This is what fittings i have
2 1/2" OD x 1/2" NPTF Male Elbow-none-none 12.52
1 1/2" Hex Nipple
2 3/8" OD x 1/2" NPTF Male Connector
3 1/4" OD x 1/8" NPTF Female Connector
4 3/8" Hex Nipple
1 1/2" Brass Tee with 1/8" 90 Deg Fitting
2 1/2" x 3/8" Hex Reducing Nipple
3 1/2" Hex Countersunk Plug

Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
:werd: thread locker is for bolts not fittings..get thread sealent. there was a thread on here not to long ago about a guy who had a fitting stuck on his tank cause he use thread locker...

·
SLASH - S.I.C. St. Louis
2,440 Posts
-xtrmlow is one of my good friends, and he has rebuilt V450s before. I trust him more than i trust myself.
-Yea the airlifts arnt perfect, but im changing them out this winter for slams
-And you dont recommend blue threadlocker? Ill have to return it and get the red loctight.
-Ive never drove or even touched a bagged truck. One of my friends helped me with the fittings and told me what to order. I am running the tank in the bed with the valves right off the tank. This is what fittings i have
2 1/2" OD x 1/2" NPTF Male Elbow-none-none 12.52
1 1/2" Hex Nipple
2 3/8" OD x 1/2" NPTF Male Connector
3 1/4" OD x 1/8" NPTF Female Connector
4 3/8" Hex Nipple
1 1/2" Brass Tee with 1/8" 90 Deg Fitting
2 1/2" x 3/8" Hex Reducing Nipple
3 1/2" Hex Countersunk Plug

Thanks for the help guys
thread sealer definitely... loctite 545 or 569 works great

as for the fittings, draw up a diagram of everything, including location of each fitting, and attach it here... here is an example of mine

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/attachments/f143/89321d1184092553-slashs-bodydrop-jhfittingsdiagram.jpg

·
umm...
1,925 Posts
I have differnt name now wes, and get those comprerssors my way soon! You shluld be good on fittings i know u have alot on back order. But if worse case senario, airlift is only 40 miles west or barely legal is 30 miles north. I have some extra fitting laying around and i have buddy down the road that has a shit ton we can buy.

·
DeXtreme on 20/22's
4,494 Posts
what gauge power wire are you running? the wire in the picture looks like 12 or 10 gauge at most. i would run 8 gauge min. for each comp. or run 4 gauge to a D Block and 8 gauge to each.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
im lovin those air lifts, just wait till the bag seperates from the seal.
yea all those parts look sketchy as hell...i had to learn the hard way on using USED parts for my first bag install...basically had to do the entier install twice because of shitty parts....goodluck though.

·
umm...
1,925 Posts
the only "scetchy" part are the bags! And those will be getting replaced sooner than later. The cups have surface rust from not being coated-nothing a sandblaster and rattle can wont fix. The comresssors are used but they are getting fully rebuilt top by me. And i have more hours working on compressor motors than even djd. The traps are from under a bed and all they have mud on them. But they will still do there job. He will be fine, allof us helping is deffinetly not our first rodeo. Have faith, the kid is working on a budget and i respect that you should to

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im a looking to replace the bag right now, But if i install these bags, They will be replace this winter when i lay out the front.

And for the wire im runnin 8g, And i have been told this is a overkill.

We are not doing a "sketchy" install. Its hard paying for baggin my truck when i am 17 working part time, and payin $1200 a year for insurance.

Alot of people say the bags will be fine, I will never run them over 150psi, And i wont over extend them. Im not to worried about it since they will only be in for 2-3 months.

And the cups have been sandblasted and coated with paint..They look brand new. And yes i sould of clean up the water traps but owell.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright guys..Does this look better?

How about this?

Anddd..Rebuild kits for the compressors

New guadge holder

Buncha 3/8s fittings

james is hookin me up with 3in drop blocks so we can bring the rear down to a 6in drop.
I have another re6 in the mail also..Together for both bags i paid less that $50 and they are both brand spankin new. ;Dhttp://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/2381000-2381999/2381989_233_full.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts