S-10 Forum banner
701 - 720 of 729 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #703 ·
Pics of the shop, as requested! Already full of work to be done. Haha.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Old Fart
4,491 Posts
Pics of the shop, as requested! Already full of work to be done. Haha.

Nice! I wish my ceiling was high enough for a lift.

Reactions: autoxs10

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #707 ·
You might want to get get some insulation before winter....lol
Oh for sure. Haha! Plan is to spray foam the walls and put in a ceiling at the rafter height and blow in the attic area. Need to grey insulated doors too. But I want to get electrical finished first so it'll be all hidden by the insulation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was looking at front springs and rock auto list the spring rate and free height, might solve the rubbing issue if you still have it on the new truck.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #709 ·
I was looking at front springs and rock auto list the spring rate and free height, might solve the rubbing issue if you still have it on the new truck.
I am free of rubbing issues on the new truck. I'm at a point where if I decide to spend any money on more suspension mods, it'll be too switch to coilovers.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #711 ·
V8... V8... V8...
Oh for sure! This off season is the plan. I went to put my lift up and found out the cement was only 2-3"thick where I wanted to put the lift, so it all had to come out and be replaced. While I was at it, I put down a vapor barrier, insulation, and pex tubing for in floor heat. Cement is being poured tomorrow.

·
Old Fart
4,491 Posts
Right after I got out of high school I worked for the Beech dealer at the Boulder airport and their hangar was heated like that and it was warm and toasty on below zero days. If I was building a home or shop from scratch that is the way I would go. With my back problems I would also do the sidewalk and the driveway 5 feet from the door.

Reactions: autoxs10

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,347 Posts
Right after I got out of high school I worked for the Beech dealer at the Boulder airport and their hangar was heated like that and it was warm and toasty on below zero days. If I was building a home or shop from scratch that is the way I would go. With my back problems I would also do the sidewalk and the driveway 5 feet from the door.
You had a real job after high school??...My job was bootcamp... 🤣

Reactions: goes2fast

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #714 ·
Yea, I've heard nothing but good things about in floor heat, so I'm pretty excited to have it. That would be pretty sweet to have outside as long as you've got a good place for the water run off to go be ice. Haha

·
Old Fart
4,491 Posts
You had a real job after high school??...My job was bootcamp... 🤣
I had to wait almost a year for my turn in line. I barely beat being drafted by the army, got my draft notice while I was in boot camp. 🥴 I had 2 jobs between graduation and boot camp, the other was doing new and used car prep at the Datsun dealership.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,347 Posts
I had to wait...11 days after graduation...lol.

·
Old Fart
4,491 Posts
I had to wait...11 days after graduation...lol.
There must not have been as many wanting to go in the Coast Guard in your area, the waiting list in Colorado was almost 2 years. I only got in when I did because a guy turned down his spot and I got slipped in since I was about to be drafted.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,347 Posts
I started the process 6 months before.

·
Old Fart
4,491 Posts
Still, a lot shorter wait than we had here. I got on the list right after graduation and if that guy hadn't dropped out it would have been at least 18 months.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #720 ·
So.....its still alive. I've spent most of my posting time screwing around on Facebook. It has its pros, but the cons outweigh the glory that the forums have to offer. Haha. Not much has changed on the truck since my last post. Much more has changed on my shop. Most of my time has been spent building the business and building the shop. However, tonight brings me to building the truck. I'm doing a c5/c6 front brake upgrade. Ill share my progress so far and the steps along the way in the next few days to complete it.

So far, I have the rotors cut off my hubs. I could have bought a set pre-machined or the umi or wilwood hubs, but this is less money out of pocket. I will be putting the hubs in the lathe tomorrow to get them cleaned up and turned to the correct diameter.

I also got the ears cut off the spindles and cleaned up to look nice. Tomorrow I will be drilling and taping the holes for the caliper adapter brackets.

I have a set of stainless braided lines for the front and rear, and an adjustable proportioning valve on order to arrive yet this week. Assuming those parts show up, the goal is to delete the abs pump and factory proportioning valve to have a fully adjustable system. I will be using oem blank style rotors and G-Lock R8 compound pads front and rear.

The truck has made a handful of autocross appearances so far this year with good results. Winning my class at each event has been fulfilling, but my overall raw time placing has been lackluster. Largely due to lack in HP. Haha. This off season is looking promising to complete the rover v8 swap. I have an employee working with me now (my dad since he retired) which helps free up some extra time to put into the projects.

This brake upgrade is the last piece of the puzzle to get me on a full road course. I plan to attend the HPDE/HSAX event at Blackhawk Farms Raceway on August 28th. I'm very excited to set a baseline time at my local road course so I can see how much the extra HP is worth next season.

And now for some updated pics of the shop. It's a little messy right now, but since my last post it has new insulated doors and new openers. Tin ceiling with 14" blow in insulation, 3" spray foam on the walls, full LED lighting, and my lift is up and operational.

701 - 720 of 729 Posts