S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Mcfly Minis inc
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing this Astro for a customer. Cadillac tail lights, shaved door handles, suicide driver door, escalade front end conversion. It has a 2/3 drop, and he has 20's for it.

Pics of progress so far.

Progress should be fairly quick on this, so check back soon for updates.

·
Interpretive Rides
727 Posts
nice can';t wait for more pics. Escalade front end conv will look cool.

·
The way of all flesh
10,782 Posts
good progress, but why do people insist on putting hardlines with primer when shaving stuff?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
nothing some sanding wont fix
I have to disagree with this. The primer will hold more solvent when the base coat is applied giving you a swelled spot on that line. Also when sanding out the hard line it is very common to cut through the clear coat and leave a ring or asshole when painting.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I have to disagree with this. The primer will hold more solvent when the base coat is applied giving you a swelled spot on that line. Also when sanding out the hard line it is very common to cut through the clear coat and leave a ring or asshole when painting.
before paint, shouldn't the entire vehicle get primered?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
good progress, but why do people insist on putting hardlines with primer when shaving stuff?
You're masking it either way...why not just roll the edge to give a soft line? Or even balloon your paper and hit it quick to get rid of the overspray?

I've always wondered the same thing.

The van looks awesome. I'd love to get an astro and do the front conversion.

·
Headknocker
1,822 Posts
sick

1 - 20 of 240 Posts